Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some Information - may be of interest

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I understand from a friend who was due to go in a working capacity, that Gus may be about to fly out to Barbados for the Legends tournament. I think he goes on Wednesday or Thursday, at least that's when my friend was due to go.

Of course unless the situation is sorted tomorrow/Wednesday, presumably the uncertainty will continue for another week.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I understand from a friend who was due to go in a working capacity, that Gus may be about to fly out to Barbados for the Legends tournament. I think he goes on Wednesday or Thursday, at least that's when my friend was due to go.

Of course unless the situation is sorted tomorrow/Wednesday, presumably the uncertainty will continue for another week.

Await threads on Gus being seen at an airport!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If Bloom wants him gone but is holding off until we get compensation, surely he just needs to say to Gus that he needs to stay until the investigation is complete? He's still on the payroll after all. No point delaying this ANOTHER week just because Poyet wants to have a kick about in Barbados...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If Bloom wants him gone but is holding off until we get compensation, surely he just needs to say to Gus that he needs to stay until the investigation is complete? He's still on the payroll after all. No point delaying this ANOTHER week just because Poyet wants to have a kick about in Barbados...

Another buffoon comment. I think having worked every day and evening since last July he is properly entitled under his contract to have some holidays time.

Good grief.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Another buffoon comment. I think having worked every day and evening since last July he is properly entitled under his contract to have some holidays time.

Good grief.

He was in Barbados on the international break when we were seeking a striker on loan that never materialised after being assured we would deffo get someone in

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He was in Barbados on the international break when we were seeking a striker on loan that never materialised after being assured we would deffo get someone in

Good grief, string him up!!

Barbados isn't the Sahara desert you know, you can get phone reception there. And Gus isn't the only person responsbile for buying players. Chosing them maybe, buying them, no.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Agree that everyone needs a holiday but as a brighton fan I just want the situation sorted now and anything that delays is annoying

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Ye but you claiming he hadn't had any time off since last July working day and night

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Good grief.

It's common for the contract of employment to state that annual leave is at the discretion of the employer.

It's also common in these types of circumstances for the employer to exercise that right and put a hold on their employees annual leave.

I deal with contracts a fair bit, but thanks for calling me a buffoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here