Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Membership scheme announced...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not much detail yet, but the club is keeping the loyalty points scheme as part of it...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If it's like Arsenals membership scheme it's £30 a season so if the club are thinking of fleecing another £30 of supporters they can take a running jump

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Or they could just use the existing database to identify loyal fans.

No. Much better to create another tier of loyalty and charge for that. I'd imagine it'll be £20 a year. Easy money.

Oh and I like the technique of lulling fans into voting for a name. Why the need for this? I'm concerned that this way they can rush out a release saying "75% of fans voted for a loyalty scheme call My Seagulls" - nice bit of potential PR spin in the offing there.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Seagulls Priority? We Are Seagulls? My Seagulls? All pretty rubbish if you ask me (I could just about live with the first one)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If it's like Arsenals membership scheme it's £30 a season so if the club are thinking of fleecing another £30 of supporters they can take a running jump

Any club that wants me as a member----feck I've forgotten what I was gonna say:drink: but its got something to do with the Marx Bros:)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you buy into this scheme, will you be regarded as fans rather than customers?

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I very much hope that this not some 'pay £30 for the right to buy a ticket' nonsense. It looks very much like it could be.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Getting really tired of barber trying to get every last penny out of me & my family.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I very much hope that this not some 'pay £30 for the right to buy a ticket' nonsense. It looks very much like it could be.

Yes. I also believe it's going to be £15 upfront for the right to pay £30 to join Seagulls Priority. This in turn allows you to buy a ticket at face value (but not necessarily your seat) - this will cost and extra £30 (if you join a waiting list that costs £20 to join)

Does this make sense?

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
There is absolutely no need for a membership scheme. They have a database with everyone's names and addresses going back to the 90s, they have a points system that tells them what tickets each person has bought. It is just an excuse to squeeze more money out of supporters and it sucks. They'll bring it in and then in a years time they'll add another premium layer then the year after that they'll add a platinum premium layer. then they'll scrap the whole thing and start a new scheme.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
How many membership schemes, including the lifetime one, have we paid for already since coming back to Brighton?

Certainly likes promoting us as customers not fans. This will bite him in the back side one day!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is absolutely no need for a membership scheme. They have a database with everyone's names and addresses going back to the 90s, they have a points system that tells them what tickets each person has bought. It is just an excuse to squeeze more money out of supporters and it sucks. They'll bring it in and then in a years time they'll add another premium layer then the year after that they'll add a platinum premium layer. then they'll scrap the whole thing and start a new scheme.

Correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here