Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Away Games - Championship

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
What have been people's favourite away experiences in the Championship so far?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Leeds away has been decent twice. Cardiff away last season was also pretty special.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Charlton good ground is shit but the pubs around London Bridge are good and curry in Brick lane is very good. Can't remember much more. Chairman Mid Sussex Seagulls:drink:

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Charlton. THoroughtly looking forward to Bornmuff this year tho.......Jolly Boys Outing with an overnight pass is on the cards should it be a Saturday!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Millwall 2-1 win( always a great away day great pubs round London bridge)
Charlton2-2 draw (another great London away day & always a great atmos )
Ipswich 1-3 defeat ( shit result but had a great day still)
Bristol city 1-0 win(went top of the league last season early doors )
Birmingham 2-2 ( great atmos in away end considering the snowy conditions and game nearly being called off at 9am)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Millwall 2-1 win( always a great away day great pubs round London bridge)
Charlton2-2 draw (another great London away day & always a great atmos )
Ipswich 1-3 defeat ( shit result but had a great day still)
Bristol city 1-0 win(went top of the league last season early doors )
Birmingham 2-2 ( great atmos in away end considering the snowy conditions and game nearly being called off at 9am)

Our six did all the London away games + Posh, totally out of it from beginning to end:drink:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Nottingham forest is always good, shame about Caspers cock-up, as is Charlton and Leeds. However Ipswich was the best for me this year.

Bournemouth is usually a laugh, and i'm sure will be next season.

As for the worst, Bolton was shit. However Barnsley on that cold Tuesday night matched by a defeat, on my own, has to be by far and away the worst. Luckily it was only a 30 minute train ride.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Do we mean this season or ever?

Hard to look past McShane at Selhurst park. This season-wise, enjoyed Middlesbrough but probably more due to the company, and perhaps the fact that it was the day we realistically confirmed we were going to make the playoffs, than anything to do with the place or atmosphere.

Jimmy Grimble

Had a brilliant night out in Leeds and and it was great to get another later winner there.

Always enjoy the London ones and Forest as well.

Looking forward to Wigan and Bournemouth next year.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Had a brilliant night out in Leeds and and it was great to get another later winner there.

Always enjoy the London ones and Forest as well.

Looking forward to Wigan and Bournemouth next year.

Wigan is a cracking night out. Give it a go if you play them on a Saturday next season.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Charlton away was and always is class. I enjoyed Millwall this season as well. Looking forward to Bournemouth this year as well

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Charlton - Great day out in London on the beers for my cousin's birthday
Watford - Not bad for a midweek dash after work
Nottm Forest - Cracking day out, definately have to do an over night if it's on a sat this season
Leeds - Cracking day out and a good result.

Definately looking forward to Bournemouth away this coming season, especially if its a Saturday game

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bristol City? The game this season was one of the worst I can remember, but it's a nice enough city, & we found sufficient pubs to keep us entertained until well into- or maybe past- the early hours of the morning (I think).

Cardiff was a memorable trip for the hospitality and the result.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Millwall away this season was a great day out! Lovely and warm, pubs galore around London bridge, great banter with the right hand side home fans including the 'how much does the fat kid weigh' song. Charlton away was a good day out, London bridge again but this time freezing cold and on the mulled cider at borough market :)

Looking forward to going to Bournemouth and Qpr next season as its been a decade or so since I last went to either. Was rooting for Brentford in the play off as I like going there too! Financial/family restraints prevent me from going much further than the London ish grounds.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds (twice)
Birmingham
Forest
Peterborough
Wolves

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Best:
Peterborough (favourite for that terrace, beers by the river),
Forest (close favourite away game, more beers by the river),
Middlesbrough, Ipswich (beers by the river), Huddersfield, Leeds (all 3 points thank you)
Hull (1st game of season, even though we lost it was a cracking game, superb weather, easy ground to park at etc)

Would have been nice to have Wembley on that list, ho hum.

Worst:
Blackburn (match called off just as we parked the car by Ewood Park, grrrrrr!!),
Sheff Weds (bad karma on and off the pitch, awful Ref, Barnes red mist, Oatway verses Dave Jones verbals, that drum),
Bolton (nice stadium, frustrating game, Barnes red mist 'the sequel')
Leicester (inept Albion performance against almost as inept Leicester, Barnes missed pen, another feckin' drum),
Barnsley (dire).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here