Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The semi at Highbury in '83, if a neutral ground counts.

Otherwise, I think it was Charlton at the Valley in '84.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm struggling with this one, but I think it was a 2-0 defeat to Orient over the christmas holidays in 96/97 - the one where Peter Shilton made his 1000th league appearance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Otherwise, I think it was Charlton at the Valley in '84.
That was mine too. Gary O Reilly on 46 seconds, then spent the whole game being battered, but holding out for the win.

Second away game was Fulham in the same season or maybe the following season, a 2-0 defeat.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Bradford or Hull late 80's I think we won 2-0 (If it was Hull) I think Codner scored and possibly Dale Jasper got the other. All but two of my Albion matches have been away!

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Oxford Utd (Manor Ground) 1983 - 84 season i think?, we lost, think it was 0-1, we had Frank Worthington up front.
Oxford were quite good back then with John Aldridge, Bily Hamilton, Kevin Brock.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
03 Mar 1974 Aldershot v Brighton and Hove Albion W 0-1 League Division Three

Jimmy Grimble

My dad took me to a few when I was young that I don't really remember, but I think I can remember the first time I went with just mates was at Orient in 2007, drew 2-2.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gillingham - 1975 - won 1-0 - Barry Butlin I think

wasn't that palace away where barry butlin scored after about 5 minutes, we missed the goal as couldn't park anywhere close and we spent the rest of the game camped inside our own box?

I think mine was Milwall away when we lost 3-1 and Fred Binney scored and it was like being in a war zone...that was 1974

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here