Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 4 best or well known Public Image Ltd songs ???

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Going to see Stone roses on Saturday and PIL are one of the support. Just want to listen so I know a few songs on the night. Also, (most obvious question ever asked) does he do any sex pistols songs ? Thanks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Public Image, This Is Not a Love Song, Poptones, Rise.

They are excellent. I don't think he ever does any Pistols these days.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Jesus...just do what everyone else that supports new music and bands does download all their albums.

Pirate Bay, Kick Ass Torrents etc :)

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Does World Destruction count?

Awesome track!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If World Destruction counts, so does Open Up!

Btw, a good way of finding out about a band's best - or at least most popular - songs is to check their most popular vids on YouTube or most played tracks on Spotify!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Went to see them in Brighton last year, they did pretty much all their new album and a very long version of Albatross as well as Religion, Religion was so loud I thought my lungs were going to come out of my mouth!!
But their best known songs are.
PiL, This is not a love song, flowers of romance and Rise IMO.

Although I think there best son is Poptones.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No Pistols songs, though in my view I'm not sure they'd add much, PiL have an excellent back catalogue. He's one of the best frontmen I've had the pleasure to witness, try and get close to him if you can, he makes for compulsive viewing.

They were also playing a cover of "Open Up" last year, the Leftfield track that Lydon guested on. You probably won't get it though, due to time constraints.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There isn't a single word on this poster that isn't well lush:-

stone-roses-meadows-1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Certainly listen to Open Up, his collab with Leftfield as he generally plays this.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You need to listen to only the last couple of years on you tube as the songs he sings now although the same are done completely diffrent from when they were originally released in the 80s, in fact they are almost unrecognisable.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed - and I'm assuming the brace position in readiness for it. But I don't want to add to my woes by having to endure Jonny Rotten beforehand.

I'm tempted to ask why are you going then?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here