Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Groupon Questions...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Just wondering if you have ever bought anything form Groupon or similar sites. My main question is has anyone ever bought a holiday package from them some of the deals look really good.
Cheers

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have bought a few things on Groupon but never tickets to Palace or a holiday. A friend has bought a few holidays and they are as said on the advert and he recommends them. No friends have bought Palace tickets.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Just wondering if you have ever bought anything form Groupon or similar sites. My main question is has anyone ever bought a holiday package from them some of the deals look really good.
Cheers

I used to use it a lot, until I had problems with a couple of orders... the retailer tells you to talk to Groupon, and Groupon tells you to talk to the retailer. Frustrating and actually slightly dodgy... so I never touch them now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I went to Budapest via a groupon package. They made us jump through hoops to the point of it being totally unacceptable, but in the end they backed down and actually upgraded our hotel. So we had a great experience on a budget, but I'm not sure I'd bother using them again.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Used them twice, once to treat my parents to a meal at Brasserie Fish and once for a Segway Unleashed experience. Two reasonable deals, so no complaints, but the brand has been seriously tarnished by association and I can't see them surviving in the UK very long.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I have found it a bit hit and miss with the likes of Living Social, Groupon and KGB Deals - fine if everything goes to plan, but if there are any problems they can be quite uncooperative.

Personally I use Lastminute.com Top Secret for hotels - have used them in Paris a couple of times, and Milan, and the quality has always been excellent.

Last time I was in Paris I subscribed to the Paris version of Groupon etc and got a couple of meals out.

Last edited:

Northstand CAT

Apr 3, 2012
BN3
I've used groupon for a few nights away in the UK, everything went smoothly and the price was very good. Just be careful and check the small print. They dont generally include any suitcases in the hold, transfers and some local taxes which can easily be another £100 pp.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:banana: It's as if the two words are magically linked - think Groupon think Palace :ffsparr:

I wonder if the Premier League will tell Palace they cannot do any Groupon deals for matches as it gives the wrong impression.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Thanks for the feedback all. Good old Palace always seem to get a mention don't they was trying to avoid even thinking about them for at least 3 months!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here