Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC housekeeping

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will we ever get 'notifications' and one click Big Board, back?

I'm not to bothered about everything else, and in fairness not even notifications.
But the man hours and productivity I'm wasting having to do 2 separate actions to get back to The Big Board, is enormous.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No notifications bugs me the most, the amount of time I've spent trawling through threads seeing if anyone has given a sh*t about what I've posted!

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Will we ever get 'notifications' and one click Big Board, back?

I'm not to bothered about everything else, and in fairness not even notifications.
But the man hours and productivity I'm wasting having to do 2 separate actions to get back to The Big Board, is enormous.

Why don't you set 'the big board' as a bookmark on your toolbar?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No notifications bugs me the most, the amount of time I've spent trawling through threads seeing if anyone has given a sh*t about what I've posted!

It's less about people giving a sh*t about what I've posted and more the opportunity to be able to argue the toss !

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have recently asked the same question in Mod Towers, as I know it, Notifications will be back in due course, but there has been an issue hence why they have been turned off.

I share your feelings as it is a pain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have recently asked the same question in Mod Towers, as I know it, Notifications will be back in due course, but there has been an issue hence why they have been turned off.

and I didn't have to pay £12,000 to get my question asked, in The Houses of Modliment.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Thank you for this - it really is annoying!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC, as is right now, is the plain vanilla out-of-the-box software from vBulletin.

Over the years I've added a large number of modifications to the site, some small and some more significant, such as Notifications. Currently all modifications are turned off en masse as I'm concerned that the security issue we had a few weeks ago may have been caused by a vulnerability in one of those modifications. I will try to get a chance to look at it properly this week.

D

Deleted member 18477

Oh that answers my question. I've just emailed Bozza to ask where the notifications have gone! It's doing my head in!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm assuming that PMs and quotes are entirely different as Hitony's PM to me came up in notifications ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here