Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaragoza

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This line would make it unlikely.

But the prospect of second tier football and a restricted budget would hinder any attempt to bring him back

He's already above the roof...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That paragraph is amusing, as he's already in second tier football with a restrictive budget.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just another Argus non-story.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The most worrying thing about that article is the point they make about Nottingham Forest trying to sign David Lopez! Who will take our penalties!? Surely regardless of the manager situation Tony should be doing all he can to keep players like that, and Matty Upson!

What manager would not want either of them in their team!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please, someone hurry up and take the overated, egotistic, tactical dinosaur off our hands.

Aka our best manager in decades if not ever.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aka our best manager in decades if not ever.

I'd say Alan Mullery probably pips him there... if only because after just missing out on promotion in 1978 he said we'd come back stronger and ensure we went up the following year... and we did.

Contrast that to Poyet's response after Palace...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not getting at you personally, as this comes up time after time. But its the dead zone for footballing stories in general and certainly for us until the situation with Gus resolves itself. So until then, or until end of june when players contracts end and come back for training, the Argus is in the difficult position of filling the back page (which is where the on line page gets its feed from). I cant imagine many readers forking out money for a blank page, so the Argus at the moment is simply filling space.

Personally I think the Argus is not bad and is one of the first places I look for Albion stories (after NSC that is)

So so THIS...

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel when the best story they can come up with is "some fans from an old club want him back". FFS Argus - if there is no news don't publish anything, stop making cr*p up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here