Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion statement is welcomed [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion statement is welcomed[/h]2:00pm Saturday 1st June 2013 in Albion
2366229.jpg
Paul Barber
A well-known Albion supporter has welcomed the club’s move to break their silence on what is happening with Gus Poyet.
But the uncertainty goes on for fans after chief executive Paul Barber declined to put any time scale on the club’s in-house inquiry into alleged breach of contract by their management team.
Poyet, Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway have been under suspension by the Seagulls for more than two weeks.
Barber told fans via a prepared statement: “The club’s internal processes involving Gus Poyet, Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway continue. We are conducting these matters reasonably, in light of all the circumstances. These processes will take as long as is necessary and, as I have explained previously, the club will not be making any public comment on the matter until we are in a position to do so.”
The new Championship season kicks off in two months’ time and pre-season training usually gets under way at the start of July.
Barber revealed the pre-season schedule was taking shape with a training camp in Spain in place and a friendly likely to be staged at The Amex on the last weekend in July.
Paul Samrah, who was among the supporters at the forefront of campaigns to save the club in the 1990s and secure a move to Falmer, said: “The silence can be deafening.
“I think it was important to keep supporters up to date with what is happening.
“Unless the situation had been resolved that was all they could really say to us.
“Even when it is resolved I don’t think we will get the full background.”
He added: “I think there would be personnel changes on the playing front whatever happens.
“I just hope whatever squad we have are full prepared for the new season.
“We really need everyone to be singing from the same hymn sheet, including the supporters. Until that happens we won’t be going anywhere and we won’t deserve to be.”
Response among readers of theargus.co.uk was mixed with many pleased to see Barber had issued a statement but still in the dark as to what the future would hold.
Barber addressed a number of other issues, including events in the Crystal Palace changing room ahead of the play-off semi-final second leg.
He also hinted at a membership scheme for fans and said new deals for in-house catering and kit manufacture were on the way.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here