Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chiles

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He's ok. He is never going to please everyone - but I like the fact he is not one of the old boys club, and he can keep a conversation moving. And he is a bloke that would pay to watch the game. I do not get that impression from many of the presenters.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I like his style to be honest, just a normal bloke with a passion for footy. Rather him than most others

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he is quite good, just the stiffs like Keene, Southgate and Townsend that ruin ITV

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He's ok and very likeable for me. However watching Roy Keane on ITV just makes me feel uncomfortable; he's clearly an intelligent man but has doesn't seem to relate to the others or do humour in any way.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that is why I like him. He doesn't do agreement.

Yeh, but there's disagreeing, and there's disagreeing and not understanding the concept that someone else could have, and is entitled to have, a different opinion to you. It's verging on the autistic spectrum.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Chiles is just too uncharismatic for me, the only reason he escapes harsher judgement is that when he starts Andy Townsend has usually just finished. ITV football is an absolute joke imo.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I like him cos he looks like Benny Hill

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
he thinks he's funnier than he actually is - reminds me of the person at work or at weddings who keeps telling jokes and laughs at his own jokes and after the 3rd one and failing to notice no one laughing you just wish would do one and shut up! Keane looks like he thinks Southgate is a simpleton too! best dismissive look he's got!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he is quite good, just the stiffs like Keene, Southgate and Townsend that ruin ITV

lol ITV is crap anyway when it comes to footie, have been ever since the demise of Brian Moore and the Big Match back in the 70's and 80's. They played second fiddle to BBC then, and third fiddle to Sky and the Beeb now,

I do though quite like Adrian Chiles, he is as others have said a little less staid than the usual line up of 'experts'. More of a real fan somehow.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Get Dan Walker in. Far far more interesting bloke, and actually has a bit of personality.

Oh, and get rid of Keane, Southgate, Dixon and Townsend at the same time. Pile of absolute dross.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I quite like the fella. Seems like a decent chap nd a good presenter.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Liked him when he did MOTD2 but has got more annoying as time has gone on.

Spot-on there,MotD2 was building up a decent following with different guests every week,however just like Des the money from ITV was to good to turn down,but neither have/were the same on ITV.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here