Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Variation from earlier thread. Where do you see this country in 20 years time?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hopefully in a better state than it is now.

People having to work for their benefits, including a massive overhaul to child benefit, capped at two children, if you have any more its the same money as two.

Teenage girls educated from an early age to the fact that getting pregnant at 16 will not result in getting a flat off the state.

And the Police will be back to close to what they should be a Police force rather than politically correct pen pushers collecting fines from traffic offences.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There has already been an overhaul of child benefit hence I am around £1,000 worse off each year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

People having to work for their benefits, including a massive overhaul to child benefit, capped at two children, if you have any more its the same money as two.

Teenage girls educated from an early age to the fact that getting pregnant at 16 will not result in getting a flat off the state.

And the Police will be back to close to what they should be a Police force rather than politically correct pen pushers collecting fines from traffic offences.

Interesting list. Are these the most pressing issues to you?

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
A more Women dominated political system. Hopefully we'd also be rid of the ignorant racists like the BNP and the EDL
I'd also like to see a more competitive Premier League not dominated by just four teams

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This thread is (or will be) complete bullshit.

I don't give a stuff about child benefit or teenage pregnancies. Is that ALL you have to be concerned about?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread is (or will be) complete bullshit.

I don't give a stuff about child benefit or teenage pregnancies. Is that ALL you have to be concerned about?

The economy is the most pressing issue at the moment.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Interesting list. Are these the most pressing issues to you?

H T how far are we away from more than 50% of the population taking out rather than putting in? Sooner or later the population who do pay in through tax and ni will want change. As for the teenage issue, whether or not the do gooders will admit it, there is a mindset amongst a section of teenage girls in this country that getting pregnant is the answer to a number of things, that view has to be changed because generations of teen mums taking out rather than putting in is unsustainable.

As for the Police, we are both old enough to remember when they commanded respect, it would be nice to get that back.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The answer is clearly that all teenage mothers should be culled by the police "evenin' all".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
H T how far are we away from more than 50% of the population taking out rather than putting in? Sooner or later the population who do pay in through tax and ni will want change. As for the teenage issue, whether or not the do gooders will admit it, there is a mindset amongst a section of teenage girls in this country that getting pregnant is the answer to a number of things, that view has to be changed because generations of teen mums taking out rather than putting in is unsustainable.

As for the Police, we are both old enough to remember when they commanded respect, it would be nice to get that back.

I'm not suggesting these should be overlooked. But, if I had to prioritise I'd put these below the economy and education which I think are far more important. In fact I'd say resolving corporation tax issues is more important.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Some of us already work for our benefits, and work much longer hours than an employed job for a fraction of the minimum wage.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm not suggesting these should be overlooked. But, if I had to prioritise I'd put these below the economy and education which I think are far more important. In fact I'd say resolving corporation tax issues is more important.

Is it not linked to the economy and a strand of education?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wales and Scotland independent and struggling, England coming to the end of struggling, Northern Ireland as part of the Irish republic.
and England continuing to struggle in the world cup and picking up a fantastic amount of gold medals in the Olympics.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I doubt I'll see it at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it not linked to the economy and a strand of education?

Sure they're linked. But as you say they're just strands. And in the grand scheme of things the overall economy and education as a whole are far more important. Focusing on teenage pregnancy, benefits and certainly the police is akin to re-arranging the deck chairs. At the moment.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sure they're linked. But as you say they're just strands. And in the grand scheme of things the overall economy and education as a whole are far more important. Focusing on teenage pregnancy, benefits and certainly the police is akin to re-arranging the deck chairs. At the moment.

So what's your view of 2033?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here