Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling to home matches from Crawley

Bass dodger

Jul 10, 2011
I travel to the Amex from Crawley and for the last two seasons have been parking (as many have) in the streets of Coldean.

Not ideal especially in winter but the alternatives are far worse, I have no intention of getting the train and P&R is a real pain.

I have thought about Parking at the Uni or one of the other car park options but they all seem to have exiting problems.

Anyway to cut to the chase, I know a couple of coach operators and I'm thinking of getting a price from them to run a coach from Crawley to the Amex and back.

What I would like to know is how many people would be interested in taking up this option and could we fill a 50 seater coach.

Not sure on cost yet but if enough are keen I'll make a couple of calls.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What so wrong with the train? I get a return to Haywards Heath (from Haywards Heath travel to the Stadium is included in the season ticket price) for me and my son from Crawley for about £7, trains are not too crowded if you go via Lewes instead of via Brighton. I can't see a coach being any cheaper and I can stay at the Stadium for as long as it suits me afterwards.
You might have to queue for the trains out of Falmer afterwards but if you stay in the Stadium for a beer and to watch the post match interviews and highlights, you miss the worst of it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What so wrong with the train? I get a return to Haywards Heath (from Haywards Heath travel to the Stadium is included in the season ticket price) for me and my son from Crawley for about £7, trains are not too crowded if you go via Lewes instead of via Brighton. I can't see a coach being any cheaper and I can stay at the Stadium for as long as it suits me afterwards.
You might have to queue for the trains out of Falmer afterwards but if you stay in the Stadium for a beer and to watch the post match interviews and highlights, you miss the worst of it.

Why do people like you hijack threads like this?!!! FFS, and in answer to your question, because he wants to investigate going by COACH! I'm sure he's aware there's the mode of transport known as the train. Equally that there are train stations in Crawley. Moreover one at the Amex. But clearly he's wanting to investigate the possibilities of going via an organised coach for fans going from that area. Don't turn into a but if you leave it 8mins,14mins,26mins blah blah blah and have a beer you can get away by train without queuing...because you could also sit having a drink on a coach and be moving away from the stadium! And maybe just maybe that might be why he's posed the question...

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
'Seagull Travel' run a coach for home games that picks up at Horley and Pease Pottage - I'm surprised they don't have a pickup in Crawley itself - it may be worth contacting them.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
What's wrong with the operator that already provides coaches from 50 billion pick up points all over Europe.

Well maybe 100 or something in the south east. Surely it even caters for Crawley inbreads. there really is no need to start a rival up. Plus I think they is getting a little short of coach space at the Amex. Especially when they away team being a good few as well.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why do people like you hijack threads like this?!!! FFS, and in answer to your question, because he wants to investigate going by COACH! I'm sure he's aware there's the mode of transport known as the train. Equally that there are train stations in Crawley. Moreover one at the Amex. But clearly he's wanting to investigate the possibilities of going via an organised coach for fans going from that area. Don't turn into a but if you leave it 8mins,14mins,26mins blah blah blah and have a beer you can get away by train without queuing...because you could also sit having a drink on a coach and be moving away from the stadium! And maybe just maybe that might be why he's posed the question...

Why do ***** like you Hijack a thread to whinge like a bitch at someone offering an actual transport related answer?

He said he had no intention of going by train, but not why. He might not be aware that coming via Lewes is a lot easier than via Brighton and if he is used to leaving straight away he may not know that he can catch Match highlights and post match interviews on the concourse.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Depends where you sit. My Dad sits in the West Upper, doesn't leave until the final whistle and normally makes the 5.02pm to Lewes.

Sorry to be negative but I really can't believe that's true. Does he jump the queue or something?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why do ***** like you Hijack a thread to whinge like a bitch at someone offering an actual transport related answer?

He said he had no intention of going by train, but not why. He might not be aware that coming via Lewes is a lot easier than via Brighton and if he is used to leaving straight away he may not know that he can catch Match highlights and post match interviews on the concourse.

Now that's an intelligent argument! And don't talk about the women in your life like that. Disrespectful. Unless of course the only one really is a dog.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I offered something that may have been of use to the OP, what was your contribution? You can carry on having a slanging match with me if you like, but as you started by saying Hijacking someones thread is what offended you, you would look even more of a hypocritical **** than you already do.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
What's wrong with the operator that already provides coaches from 50 billion pick up points all over Europe.

Well maybe 100 or something in the south east. Surely it even caters for Crawley inbreads. there really is no need to start a rival up. Plus I think they is getting a little short of coach space at the Amex. Especially when they away team being a good few as well.

Crawley inbreads,says the bloke from Hassocks FFs.
I suggest you take a look out of the window my old three fingered,webbed foot,club foot,one eyed cousin.
:nono:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
That's quite ambitious organising it for 50 people. What if one person decides to stop off for a beer or a pie and gets back late, while others will be wanting to get off pretty sharpish.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Seagulls travel run a wonderful coach service to home and away games, we use ST8 from Burgess Hill which comes down the A23 first and has a pick up a Pease Pottage. Always a luxury coach that gets you to the coach park about an hour before the game and leaves 1/2 after the final whistle. We used the trains for the first half of the season but love the coach, takes out the hassle and any long walks.

http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/stagedoor/seagull-travel-8-c.asp

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That's quite ambitious organising it for 50 people. What if one person decides to stop off for a beer or a pie and gets back late, while others will be wanting to get off pretty sharpish.

He gets left behind.
It's not reasonable for 49 people to wait for one person that has stopped off for a pie and a pint.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

prick.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry to be negative but I really can't believe that's true. Does he jump the queue or something?

I agree, I think that is pretty unlikely, I stay until the final whistle and can catch that train but if lots leave early then I don't and I'm in the north. Unless of course he's one of those "I have to use the disabled ramp because I'm older than 60" contingent.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
NWSS run a coach service from Horsham. Don't know how practical it would be for you to drive to their pick up point? If not, they can probably advise you on how they set their service up if you ant to start one of your own.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Unless of course he's one of those "I have to use the disabled ramp because I'm older than 60" contingent.

It works a treat. You have to carry a stick though.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
i suggest you try this just once and see how you get on... because normally i would say park and ride is pain, but the race course one is so easy its unreal, no queuing or waiting around before or after matches...

just zoom along the a27 or a23 (i forget which one), park at the race course, its safe with plenty of stewards there... hop on one of the 100 park and ride busses that stop there every 2mins and your at the stadium within 5mins... its a great service...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here