Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StanJames

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hardly likely that they'll put out a further "no comment" notice on Friday, then release news 2 days later, so I doubt it very much.

Unless of course all parties have reached an agreement and it is all wrapped up, entirely possible in a situation like this. As the days and weeks tick past Gus can see Premier League and other lesser jobs passing him by and the club are potentially missing out on managers, it would be in both parties interests to resolve this soonest. Whilst the bookies may not know the actual identity of the next manager they may well have got a large enough whiff of a resolution to withdraw their markets to avoid a run of bets on someone.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Unless of course all parties have reached an agreement and it is all wrapped up, entirely possible in a situation like this. As the days and weeks tick past Gus can see Premier League and other lesser jobs passing him by and the club are potentially missing out on managers, it would be in both parties interests to resolve this soonest. Whilst the bookies may not know the actual identity of the next manager they may well have got a large enough whiff of a resolution to withdraw their markets to avoid a run of bets on someone.

I doubt they'd put out a holding statement if a resolution was possibly imminent, myself. Could be wrong- then again Jose has just landed in the country, so putting 2 and 2 together ...

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Of course its obvious
The club will Reach an agreement and then get straight on the phone to the bookies before telling anyone else

Dec 29, 2011
They're probably just adjusting the odds, and it'll be back up soon. If they thought Gus was staying wouldn't they WANT people to put money on the next manager?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Be the greatest appointment since Barry Who?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus is far too egotistical to publicly apologize for his ridiculous rants, so no chance of him staying. If he did stay, I for one would be very worried for our continued progress.

Those who still support Gus are like spurned men still clinging on to the hope that their unfaithful attractive girlfriend won't leave them even though she has made it abundantly clear that she thinks she is too good for them (she isn't).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Gus is far too egotistical to publicly apologize for his ridiculous rants, so no chance of him staying. If he did stay, I for one would be very worried for our continued progress.

Those who still support Gus are like spurned men still clinging on to the hope that their unfaithful attractive girlfriend won't leave them even though she has made it abundantly clear that she thinks she is too good for them (she isn't).

Oh,she was

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here