Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get me up to date somebody????

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well well well, went off on holiday the day after the play-off defeat to Palarce, got back this morning to find the club in meltdown.

The away dressing room desecrated after the Palarce game, three members of staff (Gus, Tano and Charlie) suspended by the club. Players wanting away, others refusing to sign new contracts. It's all international news.

Whats been happening?. Get me up to date someone please!.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Well well well, went off on holiday the day after the play-off defeat to Palarce, got back this morning to find the club in meltdown.

The away dressing room desecrated after the Palarce game, three members of staff (Gus, Tano and Charlie) suspended by the club. Players wanting away, others refusing to sign new contracts. It's all international news.

Not sure about players refusing to sign new contracts. Only El-Abd and Dave out of contract that have been offered new deals. It would be sensible to see what other offers are out there, and maybe the manager situation before committing. Only officially been out of contract 1 day!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In a nutshell. Gus shot him mouth off again about budgets, club going as far as it can, have to think about his own future, me me me..Normal Gus stuff. Only this time he went to far and Bloom suspended him and other staff... Loads of different reasons and theory's put forward. But the bottom line is, Gus think's he is to big for us now and Bloom has called his bluff....That's it in a nutshell....Oh and the fact no one has come in for him yet, leads people to think he might change his mind and grovel for forgiveness. Not realizing he has gone to far this time and there is no way back for him what so ever.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
image.jpg sorry misread thought you said get me a date.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
As a club, we've been through much worse. I'm confident all will be well in time. We're in safe hands with TB, of that i'm sure

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In a nutshell. Gus shot him mouth off again about budgets, club going as far as it can, have to think about his own future, me me me..Normal Gus stuff. Only this time he went to far and Bloom suspended him and other staff... Loads of different reasons and theory's put forward. But the bottom line is, Gus think's he is to big for us now and Bloom has called his bluff....That's it in a nutshell....Oh and the fact no one has come in for him yet, leads people to think he might change his mind and grovel for forgiveness. Not realizing he has gone to far this time and there is no way back for him what so ever.

Yep l agree, once a manager has been suspended he can never go back thinking things will be the same. In all honesty l could see this day coming, Gus was getting more and more outspoken and in the end too much was said. I feel sorry for Tony Bloom, he really believed in Gus, and this is how he gets repaid. Dark days ahead l feel.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

wrong quote

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yep l agree, once a manager has been suspended he can never go back thinking things will be the same. In all honesty l could see this day coming, Gus was getting more and more outspoken and in the end too much was said. I feel sorry for Tony Bloom, he really believed in Gus, and this is how he gets repaid. Dark days ahead l feel.

Do you really???..I think it's the best thing to happen for a long time. Gus took us as far as he could.....I'm very very confident Bloom knows what he is doing. This weeks news is next weeks fish and chip paper. Bloom will get the right man and it will be onwards and upwards, with someone who wants to be here and realizes they have got a fantastic job and future with Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't.

Sure the manager situation needs sorting, but we've got rid of some dead wood regarding players. Hopefully our reserve centre back and utility midfielder will sign on again, and Barber seems to be streamlining things for the huge shift in football culture which is FFP. We'll be fine, and probably well placed to challenge again.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure about players refusing to sign new contracts. Only El-Abd and Dave out of contract that have been offered new deals. It would be sensible to see what other offers are out there, and maybe the manager situation before committing. Only officially been out of contract 1 day!

Contracts are up to June 30, so neither are out of contract until then. Plenty of time for the Manager to sort.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Do you really???..I think it's the best thing to happen for a long time. Gus took us as far as he could.....I'm very very confident Bloom knows what he is doing. This weeks news is next weeks fish and chip paper. Bloom will get the right man and it will be onwards and upwards, with someone who wants to be here and realizes they have got a fantastic job and future with Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Makes perfect sense- just hope you are right.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Great summary IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on again.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Contracts are up to June 30, so neither are out of contract until then. Plenty of time for the Manager to sort.

I thought it was 1st June. Thanks for clarifying.

But are Adam and Dave are free to negotiate at other clubs? I assume could announce they are off if they get better offers, or just that they won't be signing the contract they have been offered here?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Interesting theory but totally based on speculation and the true reason for the suspension isn't know and it's likely we will never know the real reason for it.

To quote the official site
We are aware of some ill-informed and unfounded speculation appearing in various places. It is both unfair and unhelpful to everyone concerned. It should stop immediately to allow the internal processes to continue fairly and then conclude appropriately.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-update-850487.aspx#qmpXK317Xe0bHQOu.99
Unless of course you can offer conclusive proof of your claim for the reason of the suspension rather than guesswork?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Where did you go on holiday? The Artic circle!!! this has been world wide news for ages now!!!!!

There are pygmy's talking about this in Brazil and Papua New Guinea!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting theory but totally based on speculation and the true reason for the suspension isn't know and it's likely we will never know the real reason for it.

To quote the official site
We are aware of some ill-informed and unfounded speculation appearing in various places. It is both unfair and unhelpful to everyone concerned. It should stop immediately to allow the internal processes to continue fairly and then conclude appropriately.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-update-850487.aspx#qmpXK317Xe0bHQOu.99
Unless of course you can offer conclusive proof of your claim for the reason of the suspension rather than guesswork?

As I said on another thread Gus' ridiculous public pronouncements (and not just his latest rant) HAVE contributed to his downfall at our club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here