Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd ODI: England v New Zealand at Southampton

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
come on England bat and bowl better plus no silly shots please

NZ win toss and will bat first

England team: Cook Bell Trott Root Morgan Buttler Woakes Bresnan Swann (Dernbach waste of time ) Anderson

New Zealand
L Ronchi†, MJ Guptill, KS Williamson, LRPL Taylor, GD Elliott, BB McCullum*, JEC Franklin, NL McCullum, DAJ Bracewell, KD Mills, MJ McClenaghan

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lost the toss AGAIN? Changes will have to be made.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At least it KILLS any suggestion that Woakes or Dernbach could play in the Champions Trophy.

We have got to hope that Broad and Finn are fit again!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dernbach and Woakes are bang average.
Surely the only way that Woakes continues to get a game is through Ashley Giles being in charge of both his county and country. I don't see an international player there at all. Dernbach averages less than three with the bat, and is going at 33 with the ball. How on Earth are these lads anywhere near the England team?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Surely the only way that Woakes continues to get a game is through Ashley Giles being in charge of both his county and country. I don't see an international player there at all. Dernbach averages less than three with the bat, and is going at 33 with the ball. How on Earth are these lads anywhere near the England team?

Agree - must be some other options. Root bowled better than both of them for his few overs

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

I'll have you know Jane is the FINEST blue-armed cricketer in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here