Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone been in the sea yet this summer?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was down in Worthing the other day and went for a quick one, chilly but you got used to it after a few minutes. I'd say give it a go Jim

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Summer? Have we had Spring yet? I don't usually venture in until September

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I WENT to BUTLINS and they had a WAVE machine in the swimming POOL. Does that COUNT?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
On a scale of one to major shrinkage I'd say the water temperature is a good 9.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Usually in by late April,but haven't ventured forth this year yet.
Maybe next week.Maybe!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yep up to my budgie smugglers , yesterday but got covered in may rot , so with it now being june the algea bloom is a month behind so i guess the water is not quite as warm as it should be yet .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You have to keep moving. I recommend about 45-60 seconds of ' racing ' front crawl, to warm up a bit, followed by a nice steady 15 minutes. If you start feeling uncomfortable, get out straight away. I did about 35 minutes the other day and that was enough for me.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Went in this morning (with wetsuit) fantastic swimming conditions, nice calm sea and sunny skies. I think it's around 10 degrees, but warmed up fine about 5 mins.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Went in 7am this morning off Hove (no f***ing wetsuit). It's colder than you'd expect for this time of year, but once you get swimming you're okay.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep up to my budgie smugglers , yesterday but got covered in may rot , so with it now being june the algea bloom is a month behind so i guess the water is not quite as warm as it should be yet .

Yep, In places lots of May Rot, I wouldn't want to swim through that. Plus it's going to be very cold for a while until we get some settled warm weather. as an add on, XC Weather predicting N/NE winds for the next week which will slow the warming process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here