Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycle help please

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Cycle gurus can you help me please - I' m 52 years old, 6'2'' and about 15 and a half stone. I want to buy a bike. Mostly for around Shoreham and esp Inter Downs Way, South Downs etc. So I'm guessing a mountain bike of some kind. What should I get (don't want to spend more than £600) and from whom should I purchase it.

I will be pathetically grateful for all assistance. Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cycle gurus can you help me please - I' m 52 years old, 6'2'' and about 15 and a half stone. I want to buy a bike. Mostly for around Shoreham and esp Inter Downs Way, South Downs etc. So I'm guessing a mountain bike of some kind. What should I get (don't want to spend more than £600) and from whom should I purchase it.

I will be pathetically grateful for all assistance. Thanks.

I asked a similar question about 15 years ago and I was directed to the hybrid style of bike. I still have the bike and it continues to serve me well on and off the road.

But, I am no expert. Pogue Mahone is though, I'm sure if you PM him he will be able to assist you further.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I bought a bike around 4 years ago from Evans - Kona Hybrid with front/back suspension and around £600.

Fantastic and never gone wrong once, so when shall we go for a gentle cycle ride up the river TMP ?

Oh and make sure you buy a crash helmet as you only have one brain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here