Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I ask for your HELP-Please.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am about to go out and purchase an top of the range electric cigarette/vaporizer device and having smoked 30 fags a day for 17 years i feel i need to come off the real ones,for a whole range of reasons.

Initial outlay will be about £45 and i am canvassing the boards for opinions on such matters,regards "success" stories for anybody that has done the same thing.

I am told that they work better than the cheap ones around and about.

I need to stop and i need help to do it,patches don't work for me,neither do lozengers,gum and having not tried tablets yet i am keen to give it a go...

Thanks..

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
See your doctor or local stop smoking nurse and get yourself on Champix.

I've smoked 20 a day for 35+ years and am now into week 7 of a 12 week course. Going really well.
I've tried all the other stuff and failed many times but Champix pills have proved to be really effective, stopping 99% of cravings.

Good luck.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
See your doctor or local stop smoking nurse and get yourself on Champix.

I've smoked 20 a day for 35+ years and am now into week 7 of a 12 week course. Going really well.
I've tried all the other stuff and failed many times but Champix pills have proved to be really effective, stopping 99% of cravings.

Good luck.

I am not overly keen on tablets due to the effects on my Liver/Kidney in the longer term (get me,i am more than happy to damage my lungs though?) anyway,what your saying is taking such tablets has effectively removed any desire to smoke?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
A second vote for Champix. A tough first week, but problem free after that. Im on my phone so can't easily post a link, but Quitting Smoking Thread had some other useful hints.

I'm three weeks away from a full year off the fags :rave::rave::rave:

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cheers all,will have a think about tablets,will get the E cig anyway for now..

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Another vote for champix, they work by blocking the craving as opposed to nicotine replacement. I cannot speak highly enough of them, I've tied to give up twice on patches and failed miserably, my only advice is to find something to do with your hands ie peel a satsuma or munch on grapes. Good luck Goldie :thumbsup:. Think I'm 4 1/2 months in now :)

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I am not overly keen on tablets due to the effects on my Liver/Kidney in the longer term (get me,i am more than happy to damage my lungs though?) anyway,what your saying is taking such tablets has effectively removed any desire to smoke?

Considering I have had no nicotine replacement during the 7 weeks I have been surprised at my lack of cravings.
The most important thing is to make a clear decision to give up and make sure you are READY - not just try an E-fag for a few days when it already sounds like you have tried the replacement route. The Champix route means you can smoke for first 2 weeks until you don't actually want to smoke. In fact a fag can be revolting.
The doctor/nurse can give you the facts on side effects. I think a successful 12 weeks on tablets will far out weigh any risks of organ damage.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am about to go out and purchase an top of the range electric cigarette/vaporizer device and having smoked 30 fags a day for 17 years i feel i need to come off the real ones,for a whole range of reasons.

Initial outlay will be about £45 and i am canvassing the boards for opinions on such matters,regards "success" stories for anybody that has done the same thing.

I am told that they work better than the cheap ones around and about.

I need to stop and i need help to do it,patches don't work for me,neither do lozengers,gum and having not tried tablets yet i am keen to give it a go...

Thanks..

I started vaping about 4 months ago after 38 years of smoking. I tried many many many times to give up. I have not had any tobacco in those 4 months, have had no cravings, and vape far less now, and getting less. After the initial layout on a decent machine, it now costs me about £3-50 a week. I use a cartomiser where yo can replace the wick.
This site for the electronic cigarette.
http://www.juicycigs.co.uk/vision-ego-vv-kits/vision-ego-vv-kit-stainless.html

This site for the replacement cartomisers that have the replaceable wicks for the cartomisers. When you buy the whole cartomiser it costs about 4-99, but replacement wicks are 1-98.
http://www.wize-cigs.co.uk/Kanger/cat1001225_1973265.aspx
Liquid from either.

Any info you need just pm me. Advantages are that you can use the machine where there are smoke detectors, so do not need to go outside, no smell either.
I went to the doctors and got free Champix, it did not work for me and has some pretty nasty side effects.
The electronic ciggies you buy for about £5, then have to replace are expensive. Many people with the electronic one that looks like a ciggy, get told to stop using it.
I have never had that problem, and often have a vape at H/T in the concourse.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Another vote for champix. Smoked for 25 years and tried everything to give up with no success. After going on a course of champix and going to a non smoking clinic I haven't had a cigarette in 4 years.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Can't add any personal knowledge but was listening to something on Five Live about e-cigs yesterday morning (Victoria Derbyshire programme - its on iplayer 1 hour 10 mins and 50 secs in) and apparently there is no testing/regulation of e-cigs so make sure you know what's in whichever one you choose as some can have some nasty chemicals in them - out of the frying pan etc!!! Good luck.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Can't add any personal knowledge but was listening to something on Five Live about e-cigs yesterday morning (Victoria Derbyshire programme - its on iplayer 1 hour 10 mins and 50 secs in) and apparently there is no testing/regulation of e-cigs so make sure you know what's in whichever one you choose as some can have some nasty chemicals in them - out of the frying pan etc!!! Good luck.

The nurse who got me on to Champix suggested that E-Cigs contained unknown substances, depending on origin. At least the Champix has been clinically tested. Yes there are known side effects, but if you look at the leaflets that come with all medicines there are potential side effects with most of them. My limited understanding is that, with Champix, if you are prone to depression, this drug can worsen the mood somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here