Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest in for Spanish Dave

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
would be very disappointed if this happened, one of our better performers. Just adds to the need to get manager situation sorted soon. Bridge, upson, spanish dave, potentially big losses to the team.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think Calde holds a massive role in whether he stays or goes.

Dave seems to speak fairly basic English, and the role Calderon holds in helping the Spanish players settle is massive. When you consider Ulloa, Orlandi, Calde, Bruno etc, and look through Forests squad and backroom staff, I think the support around him here would play a bigger part than a few extra quid every week. Added to the fact he seems to enjoy living here.

Dec 29, 2011
Brighton is a big pull for foreign (especially Spanish) players. Not a lot of other cities do foreign (Brazilian, Spanish, Portuguese) like Brighton.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The Argus last week suggested that we've offered him (and El-Abd) a one-year deal, which I found slightly surprising. Perhaps it's a conservative move from Bloom/Burke in light of not yet knowing the managerial situation for next season - but you'd think for a 30-year-old whose game doesn't rely on pace, he'd be worth at least a two-year deal? I'd imagine Forest will be offering him a lengthier contract, and I suppose it could come down to him weighing up that financial security with the Spanish connections and cosmopolitan lifestyle he has down here.

Pretty sure he won't go though. How many Spaniards play for Forest?
None, as foolg alluded to above. Very much a British-based squad (and coaching staff).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The only good thing in our favour is that Spanish Dave is on vacation at the moment in sunny Spain and a move to Nottingham would mean a colder climate than living in Brighton which could put him off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looked good last season after a difficult start, whilst he adjusted to the pace of the game. Provides great cover at right back......

But he did go missing in both of the play-off games.......

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I think Calde holds a massive role in whether he stays or goes.

Dave seems to speak fairly basic English, and the role Calderon holds in helping the Spanish players settle is massive. When you consider Ulloa, Orlandi, Calde, Bruno etc, and look through Forests squad and backroom staff, I think the support around him here would play a bigger part than a few extra quid every week. Added to the fact he seems to enjoy living here.
This. with knobs on.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The only good thing in our favour is that Spanish Dave is on vacation at the moment in sunny Spain and a move to Nottingham would mean a colder climate than living in Brighton which could put him off.
I'm sure an offer better than ours would warm up his pocket. Do you really think the climate would put off a transfer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame we had the crappiest longest winter EVER.

The moment we've transformed into Costa de Brighton, they have all fooked off back to the real thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here