Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Plumber in Horsham area on here?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've a annoyingly persistent dripping (Aqualisa) shower. Would really like to avoid the ridiculous call out charges. Please PM me if interested or know someone who would be at a fair price

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Can you post pic of it?
90% sure it's the cartridge and needs a new one.
The AL website has approved engineers local to you on it.
Approx cost.
Cart £80
Labour £60 + vat

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can you post pic of it?
90% sure it's the cartridge and needs a new one.
The AL website has approved engineers local to you on it.
Approx cost.
Cart £80
Labour £60 + vat

Well here's a picture of the on/off and temp control if that's what you mean ... then there's the shower head at the top. Will try to AL site but pretty sure I'll get the minimum call out charge and then a whacking price but maybe not, £60 doesn't sound bad

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Ok, so it's a 609 model and uses a cartridge like this.

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/wcsstore7.00.00.656/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/images/products/AssetPush/wol-web-proof-pdp-w/std.lang.all/14/73/D51473_wpdp.jpg

If you have a combi boiler, you want the pink version - A gravity system with tanks in roof/airing cupboard with cylinder, the grey one.

The engineers on AL website are mostly independent guys/companies like myself (i'm in London, and too far away for you..) who have been on AL training courses.

The £60+vat labour figure is what i would charge for 1st hour/call out with £25 p/h after that, but really should be done in the hour unless your stopcock doesn't work etc..

There is a little annoying washer right at the back of the valve - A pro will get that out and get new one in. A bodger will throw away the new one and tell you he's done it.
You need a special tool to get it out, and it can easily add 20 mins to the job (within the hour)

HTH

:smile:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ok, so it's a 609 model and uses a cartridge like this.

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/wcsstore7.00.00.656/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/images/products/AssetPush/wol-web-proof-pdp-w/std.lang.all/14/73/D51473_wpdp.jpg

If you have a combi boiler, you want the pink version - A gravity system with tanks in roof/airing cupboard with cylinder, the grey one.

The engineers on AL website are mostly independent guys/companies like myself (i'm in London, and too far away for you..) who have been on AL training courses.

The £60+vat labour figure is what i would charge for 1st hour/call out with £25 p/h after that, but really should be done in the hour unless your stopcock doesn't work etc..

There is a little annoying washer right at the back of the valve - A pro will get that out and get new one in. A bodger will throw away the new one and tell you he's done it.
You need a special tool to get it out, and it can easily add 20 mins to the job (within the hour)

HTH

:smile:

Thanks, yes that has helped and will help describe to anyone what's needed and keep a lid on the price. Much appreciated, cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here