Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pilsner aquell - best lager ever ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
no - for me sapporo is the best lager ever which is presumably why Tesco charge me £2.20 a can for it. Runner-up Kirin Ichiban.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have misspelt the name. Best lagers are Meantime London, Flying Dog Atlantic or Rothaus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Flying dog do some really good beers actually. The ipa is my personal favourite.

Oh man. Now you're talking. Yes, you are correct, they have an excellent range. I have a couple of their glorious porters in my fridge as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
321115090_3b60a167a4_o.jpg

Don't know anywhere you can get it in the UK though. :-(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You're right I've drunk so much of it tonight hic I can't even spell it PILSNER URGUELL is the correct spelling ( I think )

Urquell. its the original lager if you weren't aware.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Urquell. its the original lager if you weren't aware.

I am now I've just looked it up This article is about the beer. For the brewery that produces that beer, see Plzeňský Prazdroj.

Pilsner Urquell

Manufacturer Pilsner Urquell Brewery
Introduced 1842
Style Bottom-fermented beer

Main gate of the Plzeňský Prazdroj
Plzeňský Prazdroj (IPA:*[ˈpl̩.zɛɲskiː ˈprazdroj], Original Source of Pilsner), known better by its German name Pilsner Urquell (IPA: [ˈpɪlznɐ ˈʔuːɐ̯ˌkvɛl]), is a bottom-fermented beer produced since 1842 in Pilsen, part of today's Czech Republic. Pilsner Urquell was the first pilsner beer in the world. Today it is a prominent brand of the global brewing empire SABMiller.

Pilsner Urquell is more strongly hopped than most pilsner beers. Saaz hops, a noble hop variety, are a key element in its flavour profile, as are the use of soft water[1] and fire-brewing.[2] It is available in a 330 ml, as well as 12oz {355ml}, and a 500ml (half litre) in both aluminium cans and green bottles.

Almost all draft Pilsner Urquell available throughout the world is served via keg dispense under carbon dioxide pressure, and has been since the 1960s. However, small quantities of the beer in cask conditioned form, dispensed from wooden casks are sometimes made available in the Czech Republic and have also been seen in the United Kingdom during 2012.[3]

The cask version of Pilsner Urquell is unpasteurised, unfiltered and naturally conditioned with no added CO2, and is far closer in character to the way the beer would have been in the 19th century.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here