Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Phil Neville

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Telegraph reckons he's gonna be our new manager

Phil Neville is being lined up by Brighton and Hove Albion as a potential successor to Gus Poyet, with the Championship club understood to be taking steps to appoint their next manager.

Neville has emerged as a leading contender to replace the Uruguayan, who is still the subject of an investigation from his club after he was suspended earlier this month, and the Everton captain is expected to be included on a shortlist if Poyet's departure is confirmed.

Poyet and his assistants, Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway, were all suspended by Brighton in May and a resolution is expected to be agreed next week, with the League Managers’ Association also involved in the inquiry.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Why not? He's very highly rated within the game, would hopefully be able to get a few Everton youngsters in on loan too

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
God! I am depressed !!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

zero experience? reckon he'll make a great manager one day, but needs at least a spell coaching.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
After all the talk of Redknapp, this is more cheery news. That would be a bit of a coup for Brighton, he's very highly rated within the game.

I'd still prefer Luis Enrique or Oscar but he'd be a good move too, I reckon

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
would possibly be a good value appointment if also playing for another season ? what with trying to be efficient with the running costs may fit TB & PB bill

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
We have Just got to be patient with the club now and wait and see now and not believe any rumours until we heard from the club who we have lined up .

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
We have Just got to be patient with the club now and wait and see now and not believe any rumours until we heard from the club who we have lined up .

You are right, but all this rumour BS makes it more fun! :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gets my vote

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not convinced, good coach as been involved with England U20 & U21 for a while now, and seems a smart chap. But massive job for a first timer surely?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Without really knowing anything about him, or his desire or ability to do the job, I will clearly state that this would be the end of the world were it to happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here