Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you angry that we didn't go up?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No. Just happy to have my local football team to support in a great stadium, with a good chairman, with none of those premier league prima donas coming here next season.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
No. At the time I was very disappointed with the performance against Palace although on the night we didn't deserve anything more. However, it really proved what I had felt all along- that we weren't quite good enough and had we gone up, would have come straight back down with an almighty crash! The Chairman has given the management, and indeed all of us, fantastic support but there must be a limit to what he can do. Let's see what happens next season, with or without a new manager.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I'm ****ing fuming.
Proper manager.Proper team playing proper football,then back to the 70's.
No funding and no ambition.Pat Saward.Freddie Goodwin.
Let's always finish not quite good enough.
Mike Bamber was a genius compared to the money orientated scumdogs running the club at the moment.
You want a better manager than Gus Poyet?
You'll take a long time looking.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I wasn't angry we didn't go up. I was angry we didn't show up for the match though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Amazed we stayed in there,what a weak division this year,really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not angry, disappointed with the game against CPFC at the Amex but worse things in life will happen.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Overall great progress, great season, next season we go up.

pissed off that Palace beat us and went up, but big enough to understand that best team on the night won.

patience is a virtue

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm ****ing fuming.
Proper manager.Proper team playing proper football,then back to the 70's.
No funding and no ambition.Pat Saward.Freddie Goodwin.
Let's always finish not quite good enough.
Mike Bamber was a genius compared to the money orientated scumdogs running the club at the moment.
You want a better manager than Gus Poyet?
You'll take a long time looking.

Lot of respect for this post... Been supporting since the 70s, this was a massive missed opportunity. Will we get a better chance within the next few years? Maybe. But losing Gus is (or will be) a huge blow.

That said, the Championship is a cracking, entertaining league... I just wish we hadn't come so close.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, more disappointed that our manager came up short and doesn't feel inspired to give it another go with us next season. The manner of our defeat and Poyet's public reaction to it, given the backing he had from TB and the fans is what grates the most.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
No, as others have said. Angry we did not show up for the game. Angry we had to have stupid gimmicky clapper things. Angry that poyet was not 100% focused on the final quarter of the most important season for a quarter of a century. Angry about the very unprofessional incident. Angry that we lost to our arch rivals.

But overall not to bothered we are not in the top flight next season. I felt we made the playoffs more on other teams being particularly poor than us being particularly good. Not sure that's the ideal way to get promotion to the prem.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
No not angry, agree with many sentiments already expressed.

And no not angry because I prefer championship football, it's so close that each match is really exciting - premiership football is a bit more predictable

But of course plenty of reasons to keep dreaming of making it to the top tier

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am. Should have beaten Palace over two legs with that squad. Something was / Is wrong

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here