Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Don't You Support England?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
never really got this,somehow it's become cool not to support England

for me it's an unconditional thing like following the Albion

is it the fact that the players are overpaid prima donnas?

doesn't really stand up that argument,as most players in the football league are grossly overpaid

maybe it's because England always under achieve?

can't really use that either,it's like admitting you didn't support Brighton when they were sh*t

are you worried you might be considered some sort of nationalistic freak,such is the stigma of flying the flag of St George

why are the Scots,Welsh & Irish more patriotic than us English?

Brazil v England this weekend,will you watch it?

take out the european/world cups this is about as big as it gets for England,maybe with the exception of the Jocks

I really don't get it,why don't you support England?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
same reasons I suppose why loads of Brighton/Sussex people didn't follow the Albion pre Withdean/Falmer ........unfathomable!

Always support England but they are piss poor at the moment.

If I hear one more comment about "world class Wayne Rooney" as he walks aimlessly out to the wing to scowl and pick his nose..:angry:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Watching England is like watching paint dry-

don't get me wrong i support them during tournaments but friendlies bore me to death-

Capello should have kicked all the old players out after our last world cup exit,stripped the squad down,and started again,with youngsters and stuck with them,sacrificed the euros,and then we would have had a side that knew each other.

Brazil do this most of the time,funny that we don't take notice of the worlds top football country.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't feel a great affinity to any of the players. I dislike the FA a great deal and it is their child.

The team is full of untouchable superstars and I don't like it.

The last time I really enjoyed watching England was in the mid 90s. Not because we were good, but because the game seemed less corrupt in those days.

My interest in Brighton is waning. Prices are high, but for what? Some run of the mill player, who happened to be able to kick a ball, shouldn't earn the equivalent of a nursing annual salary in the space of a week/fortnight/month.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
England are possibly the most boring team I've ever watched.
I'd rather watch Come Dine With Me or scratch nails on a chalk board for 90 minutes.

As soon as they start releasing the 'older' players and bringing in more youth players, I'll be interested.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

doesn't really stand up that argument,as most players in the football league are grossly overpaid

can't really use that either,it's like admitting you didn't support Brighton when they were sh*t

are you worried you might be considered some sort of nationalistic freak,such is the stigma of flying the flag of St George

take out the european/world cups this is about as big as it gets for England,maybe with the exception of the Jocks

Where did you get all this from?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Probably because this country is full of pessimists.

Whoever has the grimmest outlook on life is 'Cool', apparently.

This 'know-it-all' self-made complex leads them down a spiral of depression which they blame on everything but themselves...government, football, people who look different. Sad really.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
As they are over hyped 'world beaters'........overpaid 'superstars '........they are far too important and big to even mouth the words to the national anthem. It should be the pinnacle, playing for your country, an honour. The likes of Rooney, Cole, Terry and co is why I don't follow them anymore. They reek arrogance and contempt.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Probably because this country is full of pessimists.

Whoever has the grimmest outlook on life is 'Cool', apparently.

This 'know-it-all' self-made complex leads them down a spiral of depression which they blame on everything but themselves...government, football, people who look different. Sad really.

This board has its fair share of tossers like that too.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Will always watch England but the buzz i used to get seems to have gone and the desire to go to games and tournaments has drifted away as well

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I lost my England mojo a few years back. It was seeing players who really didn't look like it mattered to them. Rooney's comments after that game in S Africa sealed the deal.

And just to say - I'm deeply patriotic. I have no doubt whatsoever that being English is just about the greatest thing.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

4 of us at Wembley on Wednesday and a Union Flag with both old and new crests was clearly visible from our seats,it was in the upper section next to the Irish fans.
So at least 5 BHAFC support England enough to go to a pointless end of season friendly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here