• No

Votes: 39 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Badger Cull starts tomorrow and there is a Nationwide March in London against it. I may be wrong but I think people will be suprised at the numbers that turn up. On the balance of the evidence you have seen to date are you for or against it ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don't know what being "suprised" is but f*ck them, hit one in my Van a few years back and it damaged my suspension.....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think people think it will a few dozen " tree huggers " but I think passions run deep on this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If there's any culling to be done it should be seagulls & pidgins, nothing more than flying rats

They do what they have to do I guess. Seagulls are also protected species.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A trial in two areas. They expect to top about 5000 Badgers for a 16% drop in bovine TB. :shrug:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
CULL!

Just to see the look on badger impersonator Brian May's boat.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A trial in two areas. They expect to top about 5000 Badgers for a 16% drop in bovine TB. :shrug:

70% of the badgers alive Nationwide. Over one hundred thousand.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Maybe a 16% drop they are not really sure.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As long as it is done humanely. Anyone against it needs to suggest a better alternative, the statistical link between Badger population and spread of bovine TB is proven.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As long as it is done humanely. Anyone against it needs to suggest a better alternative, the statistical link between Badger population and spread of bovine TB is proven.

Having a pop shot from one hundred metres in the dark and hoping for the best. More likely it will be wounded and go to the set to die. The new born cubs will then die alone and without food and caring from it's parent. I doubt anyone, even the farmers and snipers seriously think any of this will be humane.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
They do what they have to do I guess. Seagulls are also protected species.
No such species. And I find it hard to believe, there are (or were when I lived there) regular culls of gulls because of the (man-made) problem they cause every year
We could stop farming cows and use the land to grow something more productive and economically viable :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe a 16% drop they are not really sure.

The point being Uncle, it's a stupidly low figure as a temporary improvement. Give it 6 months and it will be back in full swing.
If a Doctor had a vaccination with a 16% improvement, not cure rate, it would never get out of the research lab.
I think all this has been pointed out, which is why they are starting with the trial. As a sop to the Farmers.
They will have to end up with vaccination, which of course makes it endemic in all badgers and cows, so they are clutching at straws.
It's endemic in us British, as we have mostly had the vaccine. A lot of immigrants haven't been vaccinated and so cases appear in the population, will there be a cull? Of course not.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I presume the people that have said yes have read the scientific report findings? There is no evidence to support the cull.

Correct.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was the talk on 5 live today and pretty much all the scientific evidence went against this from the experts and it could make it worse. I can almost guarantee in 2 years when tens of thousands of Badgers have been slaughtered ( 90% of which are free of BTB ) they will come back and say " sorry we made a mistake " but it is too late then. It seems to me it is a case of " well lets give it a go and see what happens "

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And the Tory government green lighted it as it would have cost too much to look into it properly. They also ignored a petition of over 200000 people against it which should have got a public debate. Which it has not. It is a lazy and shameful decision based on no medical facts whatsoever and as I said a case of " we don't really have a clue and vaccines are too much hassle so lets do the cull and see what happens "

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The Badger Cull starts tomorrow and there is a Nationwide March in London against it. I may be wrong but I think people will be suprised at the numbers that turn up. On the balance of the evidence you have seen to date are you for or against it ?

Deer Rabbit and Fox are culled Annualy, what is the difference?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here