Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ive converted from Iphone to Galaxy S4 - Photography App Advice

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ive never used Android so to those using Galaxy S4, any advice on best apps for Photography?

I currently use on Iphone, Snapspeed/Camera+/Picshop/Colour effects/Photo Forge/Top Camera and Photo Gene

Any tips converting to Samsungt would be great!

:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ive never used Android so to those using Galaxy S4, any advice on best apps for Photography?

I currently use on Iphone, Snapspeed/Camera+/Picshop/Colour effects/Photo Forge/Top Camera and Photo Gene

I just read the first part of the thread title out loud, Frau Tubthumper said "why would you do that?"

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Well I get it on Monday, If I dont like it, I will send it back

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

I did the same with the S3 when it came out & kept wondering if I'd done the right thing until it was delivered......still got the S3 & wouldn't swap it for any iPhone.
I typed this on an ipad which I love (not a fanboy at all just like what I like)

As for converting a YouTube search will answer most questions.

Download Mx player app & BitTorrent app to download films or anything straight to the phone (1 of the great advantages of not being locked to iTunes)

Last edited:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Well I get it on Monday, If I dont like it, I will send it back

Make sure you give it a chance, it takes some getting used to. Things are a lot more fiddly than an iPhone at first, but once you sort everything out how you want it'll be fine.

I changed to an S3 from an iphone about 4 months ago and haven't regretted it at all. The option to use an sd card is rather handy (I got a 64gb one for about £40) and the screen is fantastic. Battery life is on par (if not better) than an iPhone, and like tezz said, downloading films and music and putting them on your phone is a sinch. Oh and I also have a .gif as my wallpaper, something else you can't do with an iPhone! I'm by no means an apple hater (I love my ipad and did love my iPhone) I just wanted to point out that apple isn't the only thing out there and other phones can match up if you give them the chance.

Anyway, as for photography apps, if you just go to the Play Store (the Android version of App Store) and check out the photograph section you'll see the best ones available. I use Aviary the most, and Pics Art for collages etc.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Make sure you give it a chance, it takes some getting used to. Things are a lot more fiddly than an iPhone at first, but once you sort everything out how you want it'll be fine.

I changed to an S3 from an iphone about 4 months ago and haven't regretted it at all. The option to use an sd card is rather handy (I got a 64gb one for about £40) and the screen is fantastic. Battery life is on par (if not better) than an iPhone, and like tezz said, downloading films and music and putting them on your phone is a sinch. Oh and I also have a .gif as my wallpaper, something else you can't do with an iPhone! I'm by no means an apple hater (I love my ipad and did love my iPhone) I just wanted to point out that apple isn't the only thing out there and other phones can match up if you give them the chance.

Anyway, as for photography apps, if you just go to the Play Store (the Android version of App Store) and check out the photograph section you'll see the best ones available. I use Aviary the most, and Pics Art for collages etc.

Paper artist is pretty good especially if you use it on images you've already edited with something like colour splash or whatever

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm converting to Samsung tomorrow.
Absolutely bored of my iPhone and Apple software in general. Can't see them releasing anything revolutionary with the 5s/6 so I'm jumping ship.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Many would say you have upgraded not converted!

Many would see it as a downgrade too.
I have an HTC One provided by my work, and just don't get on with it at all. For personal use I have an old iPhone 3GS, which I prefer immeasurably over the HTC, despite the fact the processor is slower, the screen isn't so good, and the camera is very basic. Each to their own I guess, but for me, Google Android is simply an alternative OS, and I don't like it. FWIW I use a superb iMac computer, but mostly run it in W7 as I prefer it to OSX.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Converted from iphone to Samsung over a year ago. No regrets. Whack a 32 or 64gb microcard in and upload any music or films without the ****ing about you have with apple.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Many would see it as a downgrade too.
I have an HTC One provided by my work, and just don't get on with it at all. For personal use I have an old iPhone 3GS, which I prefer immeasurably over the HTC, despite the fact the processor is slower, the screen isn't so good, and the camera is very basic. Each to their own I guess, but for me, Google Android is simply an alternative OS, and I don't like it. FWIW I use a superb iMac computer, but mostly run it in W7 as I prefer it to OSX.

What's that got to do with Samsung ?

And it might be an alternative but its a much more in depth alternative.
If its simplicity you're after (and there's nothing wrong with that) then yeah stick with an iPhone

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What's that got to do with Samsung ?

And it might be an alternative but its a much more in depth alternative.
If its simplicity you're after (and there's nothing wrong with that) then yeah stick with an iPhone

I was referring to the previous post suggesting that many people think moving to Google Android was an upgrade from Apple iOS (or a Samsung to an iphone), I simply said that many think the opposite, and in this instance I do too. Android (on whatever phone it is installed) I find cumbersome, awkward and generally inferior to iOS. However good the Gallaxy S4 hardware is reputed to be, as it runs the Google OS, to me that is it ruined, I tried the S3 for a couple of months, really didn't like it, hence went for an old 3GS.

Last edited:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I was referring to the previous post suggesting that many people think moving to Google Android was an upgrade from Apple iOS (or a Samsung to an ipone), I simply said that many think the opposite, and in this instance I do too. Android (on whatever phone it is installed) I find cumbersome, awkward and generally inferior to iOS. However good the Gallaxy S4 hardware is reputed to be, as it runs the Google OS, to me that is it ruined, I tried the S3 for a couple of months, really didn't like it, hence went for an old 3GS.

Each to their own.

I wouldn't swap my ipad for any other tablet that's currently out there so again it's not that I'm a fanboy or anti apple I just like a bit of customisation with something I use as much as I do my phone

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
I've got both, but wouldn't swap iPhone.. Use the other for work and takes great photos, but bit more fiddly
After using an iPhone which much smoother.. Don't waste your money.. Woods.. You have ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here