Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An epochal decision that could have a massive impact on the human race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can comfortably state that the thread title isn't an over exaggeration, if anything I've under sold it.

At lunchtime today I grated the cheese from the left hand side narrow grater, rather than the accepted front.
After 40+ years of front end grateation, I took the leap and will now never look back.

The amount of cheese wasted through front end grating must be cow loads.

Liberate your grater, save cheese, less cowage, reduce methane production, save the planet.

bad:-
8452357-grater-with-cheese.jpg

Good:-
Cheese-Grater-50819430dd660.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does grating cheese waste ANY of it? It's ALL still there!
There speaks a narrowing minded front grater, (condescending tone) 'I used to be just like you, you poor boy'.

Less cheese but same cheesy goodness.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I can comfortably state that the thread title isn't an over exaggeration, if anything I've under sold it.

At lunchtime today I grated the cheese from the left hand side narrow grater, rather than the accepted front.
After 40+ years of front end grateation, I took the leap and will now never look back.

Liberate your grater, save cheese, less cowage, reduce methane production, save the planet.

View attachment 43326

View attachment 43325

Holy shit. Thank you for this

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I often pine after the cheese graters of yesteryear.

We used to have a grater such as this one. Grating cheese has never been the same since it's demise. :down:

502489631_tp.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We used to have a grater such as this one. Grating cheese has never been the same since it's demise. :down:

View attachment 43327
That my friend is the worlds greatest hard boiled egg grater.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

View attachment 43327

We use to have one like this when I was living at home, the good old days! They need to make a comeback!

@Stat Brother I shall give this a go tonight and report back... currently, I'm quite comfortable sitting on the fence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We use to have one like this when I was living at home, the good old days! They need to make a comeback!

@Stat Brother I shall give this a go tonight and report back... currently, I'm quite comfortable sitting on the fence.
Sitting on a cheese grater fence, don't slide off.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I had a similar epiphany when I first used a pyramid grater

images

The additional stability improved my technique to no end

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I doubt life will ever be the same again.

My son is going through a phase if wanting cheese on everything, sandwiches, pasta, beans, potatoes the lot.

This will not only save me a hell of a lot of money but make me an all round better person - thank you so so much.

Now that I will be able to afford a house I will name it after you and we shall sing songs of your name around the camp fires

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a similar epiphany when I first used a pyramid grater

images

The additional stability improved my technique to no end
You can stick that new fangled monstrosity right up your, self righteous, middle class, pompous, Made in Chelsea arse.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Grate thread, use it caerphilly though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm still not altogether clear on how grating the bigger flakes on the front equates to more wastage, compared with grating the cheese to a finer pulp from the rear resulting in less wastage. Half a pound of grated cheese is half a pound of grated cheese, regardless of the dimension of the shreddage.

I'm not dismissing the concept, but before I go changing my cheesegrating technique at the drop of a hat, a technique honed over many years to take into account courseness, age, size of cheese, not to mention crumble-factor, I need to see some clearly defined advantages and long term benefits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

View attachment 43326

View attachment 43325

I must be thick, because i haven't the faintest idea what you are trying to say/explain. Those are 2 different graters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm still not altogether clear on how grating the bigger flakes on the front equates to more wastage, compared with grating the cheese to a finer pulp from the rear resulting in less wastage. Half a pound of grated cheese is half a pound of grated cheese, regardless of the dimension of the shreddage.

I'm not dismissing the concept, but before I go changing my cheesegrating technique at the drop of a hat, a technique honed over many years to take into account courseness, age, size of cheese, not to mention crumble-factor, I need to see some clearly defined advantages and long term benefits.
I will be publishing my doctorate on the subject, but I'll try and explain it for the layman.

Big heavy strips of grater expectorant require more cheese to provide an obvious cheese filling.
The LEFT HAND SIDE (it's very important we get this correct people) expectorant is finer cheese threads so provides bulkier cheeseness without the weight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here