Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Al-abd being chased by Championship clubs

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Proved to be a championship player. Great servant. Hope he stays but hard to guarantee starting place so understandable. Would be a great addition for a mid table side

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
28, dropped from Egypt squad, not getting much first team action AND, crucially, THE most improved player under Gus who may never return.

If Charlton or Millwall made him a decent offer he'd have to be interested. That said, imagine coming through the Albion ranks only to leave on the eve of the season we get promoted to the Prem.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He recently said that he wanted to finish his career here so I guess this is just his agent chasing a better deal.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Funny how Championship clubs are chasing him when he is out of contract - good work from his agent, that is.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The fact he's only been offered a one year deal may be the reason for him stalling to see what else is available.

I would really be gutted to see him go though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
His agent must be stupid coming out with what would appear to be such blatant crap when we all know that he is in negotiations for a new contract. Hope he stays but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes I would want him to stay and he's a very good Champ defender but he hasn't 'provern to be one of the best defenders in the Championship'.

I think he'll stay here but his agent will wrangle him the best deal possible. Thankfully we have Tony Bloom holding our cards and if agents want too much (like Murray's) we'll calculate who else we can sign and play the hand we're dealt. Rather have Upson than El-Abd even given the age gap. Someone like the Dutch lad is more of a gamble but very high reward if worked.

Would AEA be happy as 3rd choice, but at his home town club?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"A host of Championship clubs..."

"The news has alerted a number of the Seagulls' Championship rivals..."

No actual names then. Hmmm ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here