Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever Record / Download.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I can see this thread only working for us old'uns, but if your download hasn't got a cover or an associated album please feel free to post a link to a YouTube clip instead.

I'll start the ball rolling with this effort I purchased in 1978 as a result of some heavy TV advertising.......

Attachments

• Darts K-Tel.jpg
    Darts K-Tel.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 503

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a prayer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saturday Night Fever soundtrack but not the OST. It was one of those Woolworths albums possibly on K-Tel which had, I believe, an in-house band performing the songs. Not very cool. But I'm pleased to say this, coupled with my parent's music interest, started something which still continues to this day and I really cannot see stopping. Sorry for going on but I just paid for my Glasto ticket and on a bit of a high.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tell people it was New Order - Blue Monday in reality it was something a lot less cooler ;)

It always amazes me that every famous person's first album was a seminal and cool long player. Surely someone must have started off with something naff? On this theme it seems most people are being honest on this thread :lolol:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saturday Night Fever soundtrack but not the OST. It was one of those Woolworths albums possibly on K-Tel which had, I believe, an in-house band performing the songs. Not very cool. But I'm pleased to say this, coupled with my parent's music interest, started something which still continues to this day and I really cannot see stopping. Sorry for going on but I just paid for my Glasto ticket and on a bit of a high.

Very similar to this my first album was more than likely one of The Top Of The Pops compilations which features songs by cover bands and, I may be wrong here, but shortened versions too. The covers to these were in respect the best bit about them.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The first single I ever bought with my own hard earned money was:

This was the artwork:

heaven-is-halfpipe-opm-cd-cover-art.jpg

Stylish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here