Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The highs and lows being an Albion fan...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
For me this current period of time is up there as one of the biggest low's. I'm not ungrateful but this has to be one of the biggest downers in our history to date.
What I want to know is what's you biggest high and low as an Albion fan? It can be anything like a favourite goal or last minute equaliser v last game at the goldstone or watching us at Gillingham as a "visitor" in the stands

Over to you...

:albion2:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Being 1-0 up in an FA Cup final.

Losing at Scunthorpe 14 years later.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Is this really a low?

Being relegated in 1987 & 1992 to Division 3 was pretty low...

Watching the club being dismantled by unscrupulous businessmen who didn't care about the club was low.

Finding out our ground was sold for shop units was also pretty low.

The York City game in 1996 and Lincoln City on a the pitch on a Tuesday night protesting was also pretty low.

Watching an abject relegation from the Championship under Mark McGhee, with the uncertainty of whether we would EVER get Falmer was also low.

Excuse me if I feel little sympathy for all of you who think we are going for a low point and excuse me for telling to get a grip of the situation.

Our present predicament is not desirable, but we will have far worse in the future.

No Club, no ground, no future.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Is this really a low?

Watching the club being dismantled by unscrupulous businessmen who didn't care about the club was low.

The York City game in 1996 and Lincoln City on a the pitch on a Tuesday night protesting was also pretty low.

Watching an abject relegation from the Championship under Mark McGhee, with the uncertainty of whether we would EVER get Falmer was also low.

Excuse me if I feel little sympathy for all of you who think we are going for a low point and excuse me for telling to get a grip of the situation.

Our present predicament is not desirable, but we will have far worse in the future.

Any highs Rob on this note?:ohmy:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The biggest high must be emerging into the Amex for the first time at Donny. Scenes.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Is this really a low?

Lets get this straight... you are suggesting that somebody shit#ing on the floor in the away dressing room which has made national news and the whole management team being suspended and us losing to PALACE in the play offs to go to the premier league isn't considered a low in the clubs history ??

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Once I'd had a few days to digest the Palace game, Poogate, suspensions etc, I realised I'm still on the same high that began the day Dick Knight walked in the door and Archer and Bellotti walked out. Highest point of all was walking into the Amex for the first time and taking in for myself just how far we'd come. Losing in the Championship play offs, even to THEM, is a piddling little low in comparison to all that.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I understand where you are coming from as it does feel low but I think it is just in the context that this should be one of the highest points in our history so against that background it is low but in the wider context it does not compare to the dark days of the 90's for a real low.
Highs watching the team walk out at Wembley in the FA cup final and Donny at the Amex.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
23,000 season tickets sold
Just finished 4th our highest position for many many many years
Various players now full internationals
a new ground thats OURS and fantastic
A new training ground under development
Most of our good players still under contract
A set up that attracts good players (unlike Withdean and Gillingham)

Because our manager (yes a good one) has thrown a strop and the board dont like it is hardly the end of the world, our club has a future and one moving in the right direction, not worry about will we even have a club, where will we be playing etc etc

Feeling low as mentioned above was losing the Goldstone, being in a game that if we lost we dropped out the league, watching us in front of crowds of only just over 1,000 at Gillingham and losing game after game after game! The fans were driven to desperation in the dark days to get the York game abandoned etc, Lincoln pitch invasion all to save our club. I will not be running on the pitch or breaking crossbars if Poyet moves on.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I understand where you are coming from as it does feel low but I think it is just in the context that this should be one of the highest points in our history so against that background it is low but in the wider context it does not compare to the dark days of the 90's for a real low.
Highs watching the team walk out at Wembley in the FA cup final and Donny at the Amex.

Its in context to when you may look back in 20 years time this will not be marked down as a highlight but probably more of a blip this is assuming the next stage for us as a club is a successful one. Although we have admiration for coming through he dark days there are many that want to see us fail

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Seriously though if you honestly think that this is one of lowest point ever supporting the Albion maybe your the JCL :)

My first game was v Wigan in 1988 I sat in the West upper and Alan Curbishley was captain that day and Keith Dublin was at centre back this is my first memory.
Not sure this makes me a JCL but you are entitled to your opinion Johnny boy!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Any highs Rob on this note?:ohmy:

Yes...

Mansfield game in '99 6-1
Coming from 2 down V Bournemouth in '93 to draw 2-2 with an Ian Chapman screamer
Hereford at full time
Beating Chesterfield 1-0 to win the league
Play off final at the Millenium
Doncaster in 97 & 2011
Blackpool & Palace home matches in March
lots and lots of other stuff which far outweighs the bad times!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
cheers Neecha,

My lowest point as an Albion fan. Breaking down on the M25 in a Brighton
and Hove Double-decker bus on the way back from Gillingham after being
beaten by Halifax ******* Town or someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here