Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Trek Vs Star Wars

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Always been a huge fan of Star Wars, & also STNG...but never liked the original Trek.

Didn't really like the SW prequels if Im honest (almost walked out of Phantom Menace) but have enjoyed the newer movies - especially Rogue One and Solo (even though many didn't like it).
Still have all my original SW toys, and also the Power of the Force mid '90s stuff, but my most treasured collectibles have to be a birthday card from Patrick Stewart, & personalized / signed films cells from Jeremy Bulloch & Kenny Baker.
Randomly spent 4 days on a Disney Cruise with Warwick Davis and his family after meeting them at Disney World for Star Wars Day in 2017, & my kids were off with his kids all the time. Weird sitting there watching the Last Jedi in the cinema near him though!

Used to enjoy Voyager, DS9, etc, and the latest Trek incarnations...but it'll never be as good as Star Wars imo.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
The last great thing from Star Wars was The Empire Strikes Back. The Force Awakens was half decent, although a rehash of earlier work. The Mandalorian was good for about the first 4-5 episodes of S1. (All imho obvs)

Thanks Cheeky Manky; passionate and insightful opinions from 14 year olds like you keep us glued to NSC...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My autistic son loves STTNG (as do we) and really relates to Data. It is the only program since he was a little boy that he has actually asked us to watch together which, considering he is 22 and usually hates sharing things, is quite something. He likes Guinan too as she explains things really simply. So definitely Trek for us.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Didn't Sir Alec Guinness say Star Wars was a load of shite even though he must have trousered quite a bit of money from his appearances ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
i've been rewatching DS9 recently, really great series and consistently good episodes, which is impressive considering they were putting out 26 episodes a season.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I enjoy some of the Star Wars stuff. Empire was the last good core SW movie. But Rogue One, Solo and The Mandalorian were all very enjoyable.
Star Trek. I quite liked the first of the Chris Pine movies from ten years or so ago. The rest of it? Low production values, terrible special effects and takes itself far too seriously. It’s not for me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Didn't Sir Alec Guinness say Star Wars was a load of shite even though he must have trousered quite a bit of money from his appearances ?

To be fair I think most of the big names viewed it as nonsense when they filmed the first one, especially Guinness with his CV, and I imagine Ford probably always has viewed the films as such, the thought of attending a Comic Con or similar absolute anathema to him from day one up to the present day. Anthony Daniels book is a good read.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Star Wars all day long, although a little shout out to the original Star Trek as a kid. The latter ST stuff was pants with the exception of that blonde lass with skin tight suit and large knockers::ohmy::drool::blush:

Yoda

English & European
Not long into the beginning of the pandemic, we started re-watching all of Star Trek (Enterprise, Original Series, Films, The Next Gen. DS9, Voyager, Discovery & Picard) from the very start in stardate order.

Needless to say, nearly two years on we're only into series 5 of DS9 & 3 of Voyager. Once they are out of the way (with a couple of the Next Gen cast films) we've still got Picard & Series 3 of Discovery to go.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Love them both tbh.

The best Star wars is better than the best Trek.
But the Worst Trek is massively better than the worst Star Wars.

In my opinion like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have all the Captain Kirk Star Trek on DVD. First release so they came in star ship enterprise boxes. :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here