Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Trek Vs Star Wars

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I love Star Wars and quite like Star Trek but which one is better? There's only one way to find out...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Star Wars is Cowboys and Indians in Space, with impressive visuals but cloth eared and plodding dialogue, whereas the 1960's Star Trek had episodes written by established SF writers such as Harlan Ellison and Theodore Sturgeon. Still everyone to their own....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
star wars obviously. star trek gets too PC.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Trek! (Not the latest one, though)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
WARS, no contest.

And Im only counting the original trilogy.

If those are the rules then Trek but I'm only counting the Wrath of Khan.

Seriously though it's definately Trek. Lucas has simply ruined the originals by revising them so often and making truly abysmal prequels.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
frbyn.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Star treck for me. Seems more believable that this could happen in the future apart from the beaming down onto planets etc. Star wars seems more for a younger audiance and cant see a character as Darth Vader as being believable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Star treck for me. Seems more believable that this could happen in the future apart from the beaming down onto planets etc. Star wars seems more for a younger audiance and cant see a character as Darth Vader as being believable.

The 'beaming down' part is theoretically possible. Scientists have already 'beamed' particles elsewhere quite successfully!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The 'beaming down' part is theoretically possible. Scientists have already 'beamed' particles elsewhere quite successfully!
Thanks for that, i think i saw something about that, but to disassmble a whole body atom by atom then put it all together on the planet below perfectly seems a bit tricky, but you never know in the 24th century !

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
This is clearly a 'no brainer'. Star Wars hands down. Apparently it's also 'arrys favourite film too. Is this a sign?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Star Wars for me, purely based on a light sabre! To this day, I desperately hope some brainiac comes up with one :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This question is Currently being debated on Five Live.
I’ve been a lifelong SW fan (originals) so would always be Team SW.
However, the sheer volume of SW ‘dross’ that’s been launched since this thread was started, is making me want to vote ST in protest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here