Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Google Ruined NSC?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hopefully this won't be removed or cause a close down. ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Most of the afternoon.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is nothing to do with Google.

What "ruins" NSC is people who do not think before they post. You are not talking to your mates in the pub, you are publishing content that can hang around online for years and years.

NSC is an extremely popular site and as such will get noticed more than some blog someone writes that only their Mum reads. Some people just need to engage their brain before they post

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

What "ruins" NSC is people who do not think before they post. You are not talking to your mates in the pub, you are publishing content that can hang around online for years and years.

NSC is an extremely popular site and as such will get noticed more than some blog someone writes that only their Mum reads. Some people just need to engage their brain before they post

Well said that man.

There does seem to be a difference between this forum and the others I post on in what can and cannot be said.

BBS, which I do not any more, for example is full of more racist, homophobic and down right vitriolic abuse seems to be immune, but they rely on user donations to run and not ads and I'm not at all sure that the site is owned by one individual.

Bozza runs this as a business venture and Brighton fan and has come under some very specific scrutiny of late. His family must come first, mine would.

Think before you post.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Very much this.
Because social networking sites are so easily accessible and easy to post on via smart phones. It seems people post ever increasing abuse and nonsense thinking it's like texting their mates.
people need to engage brain before posting, me included

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Nail. Head. :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What did today's 'outage' have to do with Google?

Well you are a lot stricter than you used to be. At one time you could say anything without worrying.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There does seem to be a difference between this forum and the others I post on in what can and cannot be said.

BBS, which I do not any more, for example is full of more racist, homophobic and down right vitriolic abuse seems to be immune, but they rely on user donations to run and not ads and I'm not at all sure that the site is owned by one individual.

Bozza runs this as a business venture and Brighton fan and has come under some very specific scrutiny of late. His family must come first, mine would.

Think before you post.

Although NSC is now owned by a limited company, the site is not run as a business as such. For example no-one is paid and the shareholders receive no dividends.

Again, today had nothing to do with our Google funding at all, but it's worth saying again that...

1. Our Google ads keep the site free for all with no need to request donations.

2. Enable our £600 per month hosting bills to be paid.

3. Enable NSC to make reasonably sizeable charitable donations. I think we've given in the region of £4000 this year alone, including a lot to the REMF.

4. Our relationship with Google does not preclude any content from being on NSC, we just have more adult-themed content in an ad-free part of the site.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well you are a lot stricter than you used to be. At one time you could say anything without worrying.

Today was due to a very specific libellous statement made by a poster in relation to one of the current suspensions. I was on a family day out having lunch in a restaurant.

I could have spent an hour or two ignoring my family and trying to resolve things on my phone, hoping I had everything sorted or I could get on with enjoying my day, leaving NSC until I was in front of a computer better equipped to do what was required.

I'm not apologising for making the choice I did.

Although NSC is now owned by a limited company, the site is not run as a business as such. For example no-one is paid and the shareholders receive no dividends.

Again, today had nothing to do with our Google funding at all, but it's worth saying again that...

1. Our Google ads keep the site free for all with no need to request donations.

2. Enable our £600 per month hosting bills to be paid.

3. Enable NSC to make reasonably sizeable charitable donations. I think we've given in the region of £4000 this year alone, including a lot to the REMF.

4. Our relationship with Google does not preclude any content from being on NSC, we just have more adult-themed content in an ad-free part of the site.

I think I was trying to back your stance up in protecting you and your family first and foremost but it seems I did not come across correctly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Think before you post.

Nobody would take legal action against BBS because they know any damages awarded would only be paid back at 2p in £ :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You ruin NSC more than Google ever could when you spend all day every day posting twattish remarks on every single thread.

I've only been back a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here