Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mobile banking

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Does anyone use mobile banking? Particularly interested in Barclays, Lloyds Tsb and Natwest as I have these branches close to home.

Can anyone share information about what is required to access them? Password, pin code, knowing your mother's cat's maiden name.

How user friendly are the apps for an iPad/iphone

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Use Natwest Iphone/Ipad all the time. Haven't been into a branch for years.
You access it with an 8 digit pin, which is activated the first time of use by them texting you a one-off code. It's very easy to use both in terms of checking balances and statements (going back many months if necessary) and in terms of using it to send payments (bill payments or payments to individuals). If you're paying someone who also has the app, you can do it by text instantaneously. No security issues that I'm aware of.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I use the Barclay's one every day, you need to register your account to your mobile obvs and have a 5 digit pin, ypu also need to use you pin calculator thing to 1st register.

Very user friendly, I pay my bills and credit cards with it and have my Barclaycard, debit card and savings account all registered on it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for your comments.
soistes can you change the 8digit pin to something of your own choice?
Eyes complicated, no? Is the calculator thing a device you use with your debit card? If so I know what you mean

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Thanks for your comments.
soistes can you change the 8digit pin to something of your own choice?
Eyes complicated, no? Is the calculator thing a device you use with your debit card? If so I know what you mean

yhp the one you slot your card into to, you only have to use it once when registering it for security reasons and the 5 digit code you choose yourself also.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bank with Barclays and have all of my cards and bank accounts in a single iphone app which I access with a pin number. It's a breeze and beats Internet banking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I use the Barclays app and their website. For what it's worth, I think the website is one of the most user friendly sites out there.

Also have the First Direct app. Similarly easy to use.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I have the Natwest app, very easy to use. Can transfer money between accounts within a few seconds, get cash withdrawals without needing your card and I think you can now pay people with the app as well. Been using it for a while, much easier to do things on my phone instead of going into a bank.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I have the Natiowide app on my HTC and it works very well. Operates in the same way most have mentioned (some intial set up security, then enter a memorable code) and off you go.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I have the natwest mobile app. Passcode is the first 8 digits of your online username, and that's it. You can see all your balances, transactions, pay money to friends etc. Haven't needed to use the proper online version in ages. Highly recommended.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Barclays are excellent. You do have to use their pin sentry gadget but its very user friendly as is their website, mobile banking app and pingit app.

To be honest I've banked with Barclays, Lloyds and Halifax over the years personally and for business and I find Barclays easily the best bank I've dealt with.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've been using Lloyds TSB and they are a shambles so I want to move elsewhere, hence asking. I currently have to type in 2 separate passwords and can never remember them so looking for a simple pass code. I need either Natwest or Barclays as I have branches within 1/2 a mile of home so can access easy if I need to.

Thanks for everyone's comments it seems that both are pretty straight forward and user friendly. I'll nose around in the bank to see if one stands out a being useful

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I use 3 via iPhone & in order I would put Barclays top, then Lloyds then Nationwide for range of services & ease of use

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I seem to recall a website or app which allows you to access numerous accounts (even if they are through different providers) through one site and one password.

Am I imagining it, because it sounds too good to be true?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've been using Lloyds TSB and they are a shambles so I want to move elsewhere, hence asking. I currently have to type in 2 separate passwords and can never remember them so looking for a simple pass code. I need either Natwest or Barclays as I have branches within 1/2 a mile of home so can access easy if I need to.

Thanks for everyone's comments it seems that both are pretty straight forward and user friendly. I'll nose around in the bank to see if one stands out a being useful

My phone remembers my Lloyds TSB login details - might be worth looking into your phone settings and enabling that. I would like to leave them too mind you. Let us know what you find.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I seem to recall a website or app which allows you to access numerous accounts (even if they are through different providers) through one site and one password.

Am I imagining it, because it sounds too good to be true?

No it's true. Egg used to have this account aggregation service, and it then passed to Yorkshire Building Society when they took over Egg. You can use it if you have a YBS account -- it's excellent, with one login I can look at all my accounts (banks, credit cards, savings, premium bonds, mortgage - the lot), move money between them etc. The security is ok because all the passwords are stored in an encrypted electronic safe on your own hard disk and are not passed over to YBS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here