Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet To Wigan!?!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Just reported on BBC Tv local news Poyet bookies favourite to take over at Wigan WTF!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness this is not really groundbreaking news, he's been linked since Martinez said he wanted to think about his future.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Poyet may well leave BHA, and may well go to Wigan(other than budget, in my opinion this is a step backwards for him), but the BBC have simply stapled two stories together in order to fill a 60 second gap in the local news

A step back! Why is that? Budget is very important to a manager as is the chance to manage a team in the Europa Cup next year! We have an amazing stadium but other than that what makes us, at the present time, better than Wigan?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Dave Whelan and Own Coyle or Dave Whelan and Gus???? ummm, I'd say no brainer this, Whelan is 'Mr Wigan' and I can't see him going beyond someone whose just a little grateful for the job - of the two that's Coyle!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Could be that Whelan has offered Gus a far more generous players budget.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
8,000 crowds,loooovveerrlllyyy

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Poyet may well leave BHA, and may well go to Wigan(other than budget, in my opinion this is a step backwards for him), but the BBC have simply stapled two stories together in order to fill a 60 second gap in the local news

A step backwards ?
The charity shield in August
Playing in the Europa cup next season
A squad of prem players already
A bigger transfer budget for new players ( parachute payments for another 3 years)
And Dave Whelan is an absolute gent

So not a bad job to take for gus's stepping stone to his own greatness

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You can get 16/1 on Corals and Sky Bet for Gus to Wigan. Owen Coyle and Steve McLaren are still the bookies favourites so it's not even a factually correct story from the BBC (although that's nothing new either).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Expect a fairly poor reception for Gus when Wigan come to the Amex for the first time if it turns out that the"special" team he left us for was them.

Meh anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here