Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Desert Island FOOD

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you could only have 3 meals for the rest of your life - forget the health implications, just base it purely on what you love the TASTE of, and would never get bored of.

GO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My mother-in-law's Tuna Pasta Bake - it's disgracefully good
Tori Chilli Don - Japanese rice bowl dish
A meaty Dominos pizza with all the dips

Classy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fajitas
Sushi
Spaghetti Bolognaise

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Monk fish and king prawn kebabs
Shepherds Pie
Sausage, egg & chips

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There was an experiment a while ago, where they took a family where each were allowed to choose something to eat, but they would have to eat this item for a whole week. For the second week, they were given something relatively bland, like plain yoghurt.

They found that all the family were absolutely fed up with what they thought were their favourite foods by the end of the first week. At the end of the second week they could quite happily have continued with the more bland option.

Personally I love rice and never bore of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Easy. Harry's Pile-Up, The Ganges lamb vindaloo and peas pilau and The Bird "Dr Zian" burger with chips with a wings and blue cheese dip starter.

I have a actually tested this theory, as I had the Harry's breakfast 2-3 times a month for around 9 years until he closed. Same The Ganges and always return there when I'm in Brighton. I now have 2-3 Zians a month.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Full English the unhealthy version including black pudding, sausage and fried egg and bread, mushrooms etc.

You are a man of fine taste. The breakfast I mentioned (The Pile Up) came with fried bread and black pudding. A must in my opinion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Easy. Harry's Pile-Up, The Ganges lamb vindaloo and peas pilau and The Bird "Dr Zian" burger with chips with a wings and blue cheese dip starter.

I have a actually tested this theory, as I had the Harry's breakfast 2-3 times a month for around 9 years until he closed. Same The Ganges and always return there when I'm in Brighton. I now have 2-3 Zians a month.

You might be able to guess why I run a lot :smile:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
My dad's pasta bake. It is the stuff of legend and think I looked forward to it, hoping to have it every night, for most of the 80's and 90's.

My fajitas. Love making them love eating them.

The chocolate fudge brownies and army custard available in all bad military cook houses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here