Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Press Conference TONIGHT

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It is about the right timing, I would say, so maybe it's just possible?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Argh the old press conference line. So not the usual statement then

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Argh the old press conference line. So not the usual statement then

Nope - the press wouldn't like being called into the AMEX to be told that there's no news! IF it's true, then it will be an announcement of a decision.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nope - the press wouldn't like being called into the AMEX to be told that there's no news! IF it's true, then it will be an announcement of a decision.

I don't recall (feel free to put me right) a press conference to say a manager has been sacked (or reinstated) at any club. The Press are gathered when there is a new manager to announce or a new player

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I doubt there will be a press conference, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a press statement.

Feel free to called my a stupid-muppet-face if I am wrong (or otherwise, if you like).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't recall (feel free to put me right) a press conference to say a manager has been sacked (or reinstated) at any club. The Press are gathered when there is a new manager to announce or a new player

Doesn't have to be "sacked". Wigan/Martinez is just the latest example of a press release about a departing manager.

Hang on - you said "conference" - you're right, that is different to a "release". Hmmm...surely it can't be both "Gus is going and X is joining" at the same time?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Doesn't have to be "sacked". Wigan/Martinez is just the latest example of a press release about a departing manager.

Hang on - you said "conference" - you're right, that is different to a "release". Hmmm...surely it can't be both "Gus is going and X is joining" at the same time?

I do think that will be how it's done - when we do get an update. I imagine they will announce a new manager at the same time they tell us about Gus leaving (if he is leaving). The PR team will be wanting to do this to try and turn a potential negative into a positive...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here