Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Manager

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Again!!

I think we're all getting a bit carried away with the 'flair' names being bandied about. It's the wrong division for a flair appointment.

If we had been looking for a manger at the beginning of the season just gone, how disappointed would we all have been with Malky Mackay, Steve Bruce or Ian Holloway but these type of managers have the sort of steel and determination needed in the Championship.

Gus and Zola are probably the most attractive names in the Championship and both were found wanting when the big occasion came along. What we're needing is a good experienced honest manager, even if it is disappointing when it's announced.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Surely what we need is a man who has demonstrated that he can take a club up to the PL and keep them there for a few seasons? Oh, and who is available.

Can't believe I've just typed that - I'll go and lie down now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would be happy with a safe pair of hands who has a bit of class about them.

I imagine some of the spending will have to be reduced and a serious assault on the top flight might have to wait a couple of seasons until we are established financially and off the field. Someone like Chris Powell, Kenny Jackett etc would be fine by me.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
I would be happy with a safe pair of hands who has a bit of class about them.

I imagine some of the spending will have to be reduced and a serious assault on the top flight might have to wait a couple of seasons until we are established financially and off the field. Someone like Chris Powell, Kenny Jackett etc would be fine by me.

Championship managers with no ambition. Sweeeeet

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Championship managers with no ambition. Sweeeeet

Not sure you can know Chris Powell has a lack of ambition. He has also done exactly the same job as Poyet at Charlton...

And Jackett just left Millwall, presumably because he has ambitions for a more competitive squad.

I just think the reality of our situation will be that the club is going to have to spend less on the squad until the finances and off field operations catch up. That calls for a manager who knows how to work in this division with a budget.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Again!!

I think we're all getting a bit carried away with the 'flair' names being bandied about. It's the wrong division for a flair appointment.

If we had been looking for a manger at the beginning of the season just gone, how disappointed would we all have been with Malky Mackay, Steve Bruce or Ian Holloway but these type of managers have the sort of steel and determination needed in the Championship.

Gus and Zola are probably the most attractive names in the Championship and both were found wanting when the big occasion came along. What we're needing is a good experienced honest manager, even if it is disappointing when it's announced.

I agree 100%.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
why not try a top payer with great knowledge of the game.......Frank Lampard player/manager

Harry Redknapp is a top top payer according to some of his deals. Triffic fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here