Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs you know all the words to but no idea why

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Betty Boo - 'Where Are You Baby' I played that last night and sung along to every word. How did that happen that I can remember the words to a song I haven't heard in at least 10 years and never remember listening to much when it was out.

Muppets - 'Ma na ma na' - not just every "word" (well - noise) but every inflection including when the hairy little fella goes off to the back and does his scat singing.

Terry Jacks - 'Seasons in the Sun' I don't like listening to this song even because it makes me sad.

Laurel and Hardy - 'Trail of the Lonesome Pine' I have absolutely no idea how I know the words to this but I heard it recently for the first time since I was about 5 but I even joined a long at the end where Stan's voice goes low, gets a bop on the head and then goes high.

I'm sure there's more.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
LDN by lily allen... haven't hear the song in years until the other day and worringly enough I knew all the words :/

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
'vogue' by madge..... f@cked if i know why

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
American pie - Don Mclean.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Rather worrying was that yesterday three of us in the office knew pretty much all of the Keith Harris song about Orville :eek:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Birmingham Jail/Down in the Valley - Leadbelly
Oh Carol by Neil Sedaka.
Hats off to Larry by Del Shannon
Patricia the Stripper - Chris De Burgh
Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire
Unbelievable - EMF
When Will I Be Famous - Bros
Beat Dis - Bomb the Bass

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I found myself heartily singing along to 'We built this city on Rock and Roll' the other day. Haven't heard it for years and didn't like it when it was in the charts... yet I knew almost ALL the words.

Odd what the human brain hangs onto.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel, along with the synthesiser(?) solo note for note.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here