Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much longer will we be in limbo

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It's already been over two weeks. Presumably no major decisions or offers are being made. There is an obvious deadline of 1st July, but time is ticking. We have key players to try and keep.

Are we waiting for Gus to find another club? It doesn't look as though he's got one lined up at present. If he doesn't get another club soon, will Bloom have to sack him and pay compensation?

Clearly Bloom is playing Poker at the moment. However we cant afford to stay in this situation much longer. What will stop this dragging on?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It's already been over two weeks. Presumably no major decisions or offers are being made. There is an obvious deadline of 1st July, but time is ticking. We have key players to try and keep.

Are we waiting for Gus to find another club? It doesn't look as though he's got one lined up at present. If he doesn't get another club soon, will Bloom have to sack him and pay compensation?

Clearly Bloom is playing Poker at the moment. However we cant afford to stay in this situation much longer. What will stop this dragging on?

It's been just over two weeks. If you got fired and your company needed a suitable replacement - it would not take two weeks to find a replacement!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Wouldn't we be better off leaving him on gardening leave whilst paying him and bide our time, a club WILL come in for him although we may have to wait until a month or two into next season if he will only take a Premier League job. I imagine Palace with their penchant for Albion players might be favourites by then.

Why give him 2.5 million when we'll almost certainly get a club in free fall after him and willing to pay something

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not going to worry until July about this, but the sooner it's sorted the better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't we be better off leaving him on gardening leave whilst paying him and bide our time, a club WILL come in for him although we may have to wait until a month or two into next season if he will only take a Premier League job. I imagine Palace with their penchant for Albion players might be favourites by then.

If the gardening leave involves working for AITC, does his wages fall outside of FPP ??? :lolol:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Hoping very soon , since plans need to be put in place. I see from another thread that poyet and tanno seem to be on holiday in italy. That wont speed things up.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Didn't we do this yesterday?

Why give him 2.5 million when we'll almost certainly get a club in free fall after him and willing to pay something

When did GP et al go on gardening leave, I thought they were suspended (ie still employed)?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can see the worse case scenario happening with Gus on gardening leave for maybe six months, Palace getting hammered week in week out they sack Holloway and come in for Gus and he keeps them up just to complete the annus mirabilis.

Oh I have tooooo much time on my bloody hands !

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The managerial swap shop has started with the resignation of Martinez. I think Wigan is made for Poyet. But yes Bloom is raising the stakes all the time until he finally says 'call'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would love it if Gus went to Palace.

Imagine the strops when Parish criticised him on twitter :lolol:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Gardening leave is the same as being suspended

If suspended pending investigation the club cant recruit a manager for fear of having pre judged the outcome of the investigation. If put on gardening leave but not due to suspension then you can replace that person if you want but will have to pay as per contract. It has happened to me once when I resigned from one company. Was nice for a month.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When did GP et al go on gardening leave, I thought they were suspended (ie still employed)?

Well he's not doing a manager's job and I assume he's being paid so the terminology may not be correct but the end result, at the moment, is?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would not be surprised if the reason there has been no progress in the situation is because Gus is either on Holiday sulking on a beach somewhere and is "uncontactable"

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The managerial swap shop has started with the resignation of Martinez. I think Wigan is made for Poyet. But yes Bloom is raising the stakes all the time until he finally says 'call'.

i completely agree i can see gus at wigan as he will be give plently of cash to spend. Wigan is a perfect fit for him and will suite his budget credentials. Would be a hilarious move too as it goes to show that its not about passion or desire or building something its about cash. What will wigans average gates be next season 12k?

managerial merry go round is being cranked up to full speed would expect this to be done and dusted in a couple of weeks.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Giving Gus £2.5M after the way things have turned out would make me feel sick to the core.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
i completely agree i can see gus at wigan as he will be give plently of cash to spend. Wigan is a perfect fit for him and will suite his budget credentials. Would be a hilarious move too as it goes to show that its not about passion or desire or building something its about cash. What will wigans average gates be next season 12k?

managerial merry go round is being cranked up to full speed would expect this to be done and dusted in a couple of weeks.

If Gus moved to Wigan and managed to get them promoted by spending bundles of cash it would hardly make him a good/great manager. Arguably, anyone can spend their way to success, especially in football. Getting a club promoted on a shoestring is a much better indication of true quality in a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here