Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Dear - Morrisons show their true colours !!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Not at all disgusting.

Morrison's rules are that when an employee is working in an area where food is prepared or made, employees are not allowed to wear anything extra than the standard uniform. That includes pin, bracelets, bands, etc. That's down to "Health & Safety" and I can't say I blame Morrison's for that as they could be sued if somebody swallowed a pin from any of their products that were freshly prepared in store.

He refused to follow the rules. He was disciplined and then went to the media bleating on about it. When working at the till or other non food prep department, employees can wear the pins, bracelets, etc. He's complaining about the wrong issue. You can wear the bracelets, just not where food is being prepared. What an idiot.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not at all disgusting.

Morrison's rules are that when an employee is working in an area where food is prepared or made, employees are not allowed to wear anything extra than the standard uniform. That includes pin, bracelets, bands, etc. That's down to "Health & Safety" and I can't say I blame Morrison's for that as they could be sued if somebody swallowed a pin from any of their products that were freshly prepared in store.

He refused to follow the rules. He was disciplined and then went to the media bleating on about it. When working at the till or other non food prep department, employees can wear the pins, bracelets, etc. He's complaining about the wrong issue. You can wear the bracelets, just not where food is being prepared. What an idiot.

Precisely this. Morrison's show their true colours in being concerned about their customers and not allowing employees to wear things which might drop off and contaminate things that people might eat. It's a non-story. It's not about disrespecting our militaary, it is about respecting the health of the general public.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Would you think it was disgusting if they asked him remove an EDL badge and bracelet, or a star of david, or something to do with Islam.

One rule for everyone, you're preparing food so don't wear anything that could fall off.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Not only about health and safety but i personally believe that you should be keeping your own personal politics away from your work.

When i was at university, i worked at h&m part time, being a politics student and i guess wanting a bit of attention i wore a badge at work proclaiming my belief in boycotting israeli goods (i still hold this belief btw), some old jewish lady i was serving lets put it this way was far from happy, though she didnt complain, i saw that some people obviously dont hold the same beliefs as myself and from then on kept that kind of stuff away from the workplace.

Though wearing a poppy is not going to cause the vast majority of people any hurt, i believe that the work place should be politically neutral.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Talking about true colours, has anyone noticed the colour of his walls? What sort of ar**hole puts pale green with turquoise in the same room, you can tell he's from pompey the f**king pikey :facepalm:

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
you don't get this nonsense at sainsburys :whistle:

I got suspended from Sainsburys once for putting a picture up of somebody googling about at work. :lolol: Learnt my lesson there.

Back on topic, I work in the food retail industry still and the rules are quite simple when working with open food. All you're allowed to wear are a wedding ring, name badge and if you do wear ear rings just plain sleeper or studs. They actually prefer it if you dont wear any ear rings at all.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's basic health and safety food preparation. I mean if you were tucking into a freshly made sandwich and you had a inch long pin stuck into your cheek, you wouldn't be happy !!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not only about health and safety but i personally believe that you should be keeping your own personal politics away from your work.

When i was at university, i worked at h&m part time, being a politics student and i guess wanting a bit of attention i wore a badge at work proclaiming my belief in boycotting israeli goods (i still hold this belief btw), some old jewish lady i was serving lets put it this way was far from happy, though she didnt complain, i saw that some people obviously dont hold the same beliefs as myself and from then on kept that kind of stuff away from the workplace.

Though wearing a poppy is not going to cause the vast majority of people any hurt, i believe that the work place should be politically neutral.
And there's me thinking the Poppy represented respect to the fallen and nothing to do with politics at all....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I got suspended from Sainsburys once for putting a picture up of somebody googling about at work. :lolol: Learnt my lesson there.

Back on topic, I work in the food retail industry still and the rules are quite simple when working with open food. All you're allowed to wear are a wedding ring, name badge and if you do wear ear rings just plain sleeper or studs. They actually prefer it if you dont wear any ear rings at all.
Would it be alright if I complained that there was a sleeper or stud in my meal...? mind you,I know a woman who would like a stud...

D

Deleted member 22389

What about the name badges people have to wear, is that not the same thing as poppy badge he was wearing.
He was also working on the checkouts at the time too. What a load of rollocks this country has turned in to. Let the man wear it, it is not harming anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here