Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Right so this player has been involved in two succesfull promotions before sort of being involved in Palace's as well? I know Poyet had a habit of playing players out of position so probably didn't get the best out of him but what exactly happened with this player? He never properly settled here. Did we buy him for a fee and sell him on for a profit what's the situ, anybody know?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We paid £300k for him, he never worked hard enough to deserve a run in the side. Palace are buying him for a fee that apparently covers our outlay (fee plus wages).

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
We paid £300k for him, he never worked hard enough to deserve a run in the side. Palace are buying him for a fee that apparently covers our outlay (fee plus wages).

so he didn't get on with Gus plus a bad attitude? He was a lastminute.com jan window buy right?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So we let him go, no surprise really, but just out of interest, who is making the call on players right now? Not Gus, Tano or Charlie thats for sure

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
So we let him go, no surprise really, but just out of interest, who is making the call on players right now? Not Gus, Tano or Charlie thats for sure

Million dollar question but you would have to assume that between Paul Barber and Tony Bloom must be calling the shots until Gus has officially left. I think they will have to announce he has left first before moving onto the next stage which must be well underway by now so a lot of red tape before they can let us know what the FK is going on. The waiting game is getting very boring now!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

We do have a 'Head of Football Operations' - David Burke - not sure what his jobs entails, but I presume he will be somehow involved.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
We do have a 'Head of Football Operations' - David Burke - not sure what his jobs entails, but I presume he will be somehow involved.

This post has a familiar ending pattern developing ! Anyone else feel like a mushroom?!!?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No great loss. I should imagine Palace will stump up the cash then try and offload him on Swindon Town or similar.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Still think we tried to convert him to a striker, when really he played in Midfield for Blackpool and Swansea.

I think his best Albion moment was when he burst through in the 91st minute to score against Peterborough. :albion2:
At least we have covered our outgoings with him, unlike some of the expensive signings that haven't quite gone to plan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We've got our money back on Dobbie. The same cannot be said about Harley. :angry:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
We signed him when we thought CMS was off to Norwich. It was a panic buy and when CMS stayed put we didn't know what to do with him. He was doomed from day one here.

However, I don't see why we couldn't have ended the loan BEFORE the playoffs started. I know he couldn't play against us but perhaps he could have made the difference off the bench in the absense of Vicente?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We signed him when we thought CMS was off to Norwich. It was a panic buy and when CMS stayed put we didn't know what to do with him. He was doomed from day one here.

However, I don't see why we couldn't have ended the loan BEFORE the playoffs started. I know he couldn't play against us but perhaps he could have made the difference off the bench in the absense of Vicente?

The loan deal was to get around Dobbie not being able to sign for a 3rd club during the season. In all likelihood there was an agreement that Dobbie couldn't play for Palace against us and he would sign a permanent deal with THE SCUM after his contract at The Albion is terminated on June 30th.

Dec 29, 2011
Scores two games in a row, starts on the bench for the next two games, that's what happened. Barnes gets a seven match ban for tripping the ref, straight back into the side. I don't think Gus plays favourites though :thumbsup:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Scores two games in a row, starts on the bench for the next two games, that's what happened. Barnes gets a seven match ban for tripping the ref, straight back into the side. I don't think Gus plays favourites though :thumbsup:

terrible example as barnes scored twice in his return.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here