Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i would rather we finished mid table....than have to endure......

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
....getting to within a few points of auto, and then getting crushed by palace as they march onto the premier league.

not forgetting our manager arrived late to the 2nd leg (important) palace game and didn't give a sh1t all night as knew he was leaving...........and the fall out is that our management team are suspended and the club are still send out marketing emails.

what a complete balls up......and if anyone wants out, they have to pay £50 to cancel their season ticket.

more like vodafone or debenhams than a football club.

i'm off till august and hope there might be some better news.

after palace going up i now really don't like poyet - i blame him 100% (irrational maybe but thats the way it is).......no metal, no bottle, all ego.....do one.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We didn't get crushed by Palace. They beat us 2-0.

If Barnes shot had been 2 inches lower, we would have gone 1-0 up and the game would have been completely different.

We had the best record going into the play offs and in the nicest possible way, you really do need to get a grip...despite having no manager, we are STILL in a better position than 1996.

none of us like what's going on at the moment, but you'dve thought by your post thatwe had just been relegated to the Conference!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If Barnes shot had been 2 inches lower, we would have gone 1-0 up and the game would have been completely different.

We had the best record going into the play offs and in the nicest possible way, you really do need to get a grip...despite having no manager, we are STILL in a better position than 1996.

none of us like what's going on at the moment, but you'dve thought by your post thatwe had just been relegated to the Conference!!!
Exactly (except Barnes's shot was saved onto the bar). People here do love a drama.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

none of us like what's going on at the moment, but you'dve thought by your post that we had just been relegated to the Conference!!!

Yes totally this. Some of our fans need to get grip.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
if you would rather grip onto records in a season where palace made us look like complete mugs......and our team and management implode at the end of it.....then its you who needs to get a grip i would say.

for me, i would rather have finished mid table in a calm building season, than this palace defeat and the Poyet "this season or never" type of attitude with contracts, the club, and himself.

we gave it the billy big bollox and got made to look very very silly.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
....getting to within a few points of auto, and then getting crushed by palace as they march onto the premier league.

not forgetting our manager arrived late to the 2nd leg (important) palace game and didn't give a sh1t all night as knew he was leaving...........and the fall out is that our management team are suspended and the club are still send out marketing emails.

what a complete balls up......and if anyone wants out, they have to pay £50 to cancel their season ticket.

after palace going up i now really don't like poyet - i blame him 100% (irrational maybe but thats the way it is).......no metal, no bottle, all ego.....do one.

Get a grip man.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Always aim for the moon; even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Yes totally this. Some of our fans need to get grip.

Probably a lot of the 22k newbies since Withdean.
Up and down,rough and smooth, glory and misery........it's called being a fan.
I left a season seat in the Lower West before the end of the first season at the Amex, after some Jabba the Hut fat ba stard complained because I stood up in anticipation of a sheer genius move by Vincenti ( less than 2 seconds later he hit the post from 25yrds- my heart was heavy that no-one else around me told the pie muncher to go read it in the Argus if he could'nt get his fat arse out of his seat.

Education takes a while.:clap2:

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I am still buzzing from a great season, but a crappy ending. Still a great time to be an Albion fan, some people can't be educated I'am afraid.

if you would rather grip onto records in a season where palace made us look like complete mugs......and our team and management implode at the end of it.....then its you who needs to get a grip i would say.

for me, i would rather have finished mid table in a calm building season, than this palace defeat and the Poyet "this season or never" type of attitude with contracts, the club, and himself.

Perhaps it is you who is looking very very silly.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Right, so after a decent first season back in the Championship where we finished a creditable 10th place, you'd have been happier had we finished our second season lower down on 12th or 13th? Rather than 4th.

I'm fairly sure you wouldn't, in fact I'm fairly sure you'd have been moaning all season about the lack of progression and how we were going backwards and it was all Poyet's / Barnes' / Barber's (delete as applicable) fault.

D

Deleted member 18477

can't wait to get back to the Amex next season! even if we're managerless and Bloom has to pick the team himself! you always support your team in the best way you can! if that means buying a ST and traveling to every away game up and down the country then so be it... or if it means attending a few games throughout the season and listening to the rest on the radio or catching the updates on gillette soccer saturday then so be that too! Come on Albion! we always bounce back from blips. just look at our f-ing history!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sounds like something on David Brent's wall.

Bill Shankly actually said something similar, along the lines of "If you aim at the stars, you are likely to reach the ceiling, if you aim at the ceiling, you're likely to stay standing on the floor."

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Surely as a Brighton fan you would be wishing that PALACE FINISHED MID TABLE not us!!!

Personally I am very pleased with our final position - 3 places higher than I expected/predicted.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't care where we finish. So long as I have a club to support and a stadium to support them in. Both of those things we could very easily not have had.

Yes, palace getting promoted at our expense is crushing. But it doesn't really matter - we will still be going to watch the Albion next year won't we? Does it matter if we are playing the likes of Bournemouth and Yoevil or Manchester United? Not one bit.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely devastated that palace got promoted, but in reality, why does it matter? We have a fantastic stadium and we mostly all hail from the best city/county in the country.

I would rather live in Sussex supporting a team in the basement division than have to spend a second of my life living in Croydon.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm glad to be taking a break from football for a couple of months. So many things to be sorted out and come back refreshed in August. The time WILL go quickly but I'm more focused on the cricket and tennis now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here