Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four main items on the news on Radio 2 yesterday

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1. Further developments regarding the Woolwich murder
2. Ongoing problems in Syria
3. Bombings in Iraq
4. The plane diverted to Stansted

Your starter for 10 .... what is the common thread linking all these items?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They have nothing to do with Crystal palace.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Woolwich - as stated by the murdering twats...a reaction to muslims being killed by western forces in muslim countries.

Iraq - Civil war created by western countries.

Syria - A dictator kept in place by western countries for years.

Stanstead - Who knows? Couple of mad people?

Looks like the common factor is western forces foreign policy to me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is the correct answer.

Pretty clear where the majority of the world's problems originate.

I'd say that oil is the origin of many of the world's problems. It just happens that a large proportion of the world's richest oil fields are in Muslim countries.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This thread is ok these days too? Just plain and simple bigotry, from a plainly bigoted poster with an axe to grind?

Good going.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
goldstone;5737216 pretty clear where the majority of the world's problems originate.[/QUOTE said:
Radio 2??? I'm glad its not bigotry causing these problems

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This thread is ok these days too? Just plain and simple bigotry, from a plainly bigoted poster with an axe to grind?

Good going.

I'm just repeating what was on the news.

I just looked up the word bigot in the dictionary. Not me. I'm certainly not "utterly intolerant" of anyone. Just highlighting that certain groups seem to be creating a lot more trouble in the world than others.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I just looked up the word bigot in the dictionary. Not me. I'm certainly not "utterly intolerant" of anyone. Just highlighting that certain groups seem to be creating a lot more trouble in the world than others.

No you're not. You've cherry-picked 4 pieces of news and with a nod and a wink encouraged people to draw the same prejudiced opinions as you.

4 main items on the BBC news right now:

Syria
Government spending cutbacks
Max Clifford
Prison officers hurt in attack

What's the correlation there?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd say that oil is the origin of many of the world's problems. It just happens that a large proportion of the world's richest oil fields are in Muslim countries.

So what was the story in Bosnia/Serbia/Kosovo then?...... Dare I venture to say that the Western powers intervened on behalf of the Muslim population with almost nothing but humanitarian motives on the face of it.......so you see, the waters of responsibility for the worlds ills are muddy indeed, as are the motives for those offering a helping hand now and again.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Bigot - someone who is intolerant of other's beliefs. You clearly have a problem with Islam. You think they are the major cause of the world's problems. That's a pretty big claim. Sorry mate, you're a bigot.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Woolwich - as stated by the murdering twats...a reaction to muslims being killed by western forces in muslim countries.

Iraq - Civil war created by western countries.

Syria - A dictator kept in place by western countries for years.

Stanstead - Who knows? Couple of mad people?

Looks like the common factor is western forces foreign policy to me.

...applying your skewed approach to analysis and responsibility, we should all come to the conclusion that the Romans are to blame.....their rampant Empire expansionist policies, both economically and militarily, laid the seeds of what we see today.....blame Italy.......or does your statute of limitations for culpability only stretch to modern era timeslots?

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
The Americans found him useful early on during the Iraq war.

??? Um, no. This is patently untrue. Outside of some early congenial relations with France (typical) Bashir al-Assad has been no friend to the "West." He tried to use Syria's rotating seat on the UNSC to oppose the 2003 Invasion of Iraq, his unabashed support for Middle East militant groups and his lack of transparency regarding the development and stockpiling of chemical munitions has made al-Assad few friends in Washington.

This man is categorically anti-Israel, anti-US, has cozy relations with Putin and his ex-KGB cronies and was complicit in helping to weaken the United Nations Oil For Food sanctions by allowing illicit oil sales through Iraq's northern border with Syria.

To what you are referring, I have no idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here