Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No clubs currently in for Gus...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And this is a good thing how ? Means no-one will take him off our hands, so we need to rely on a gross misconduct or similar to get rid of him - which looks flakey ?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Gus's best chance of becoming a premier league manager was with us, he blew it spectacularly whatever way you look at it and I don't think he stands a cat in hells chance of taking over a premier league club anytime soon. I will have a chuckle or two when he pitches up at his next job in the championship or L1 and kick starts his ego all over again. I just wish we could make his departure official and move on with a positive managerial appointment and a summer of rebuilding and consolidation ready for deep breaths and hope come August.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would very surprised indeed if no clubs are talking to Gus or his agent.

As the poster above has just said, how do you know who is talking to Gus unless you are one of the following people:

1) Gus Poyet
2) Gus Poyet's agent
3) Mrs Gus Poyet (maybe)
4) Diego Poyet (maybe)
5) Tanno (more likely)
6) Charlie Oatway (less likely)
7) A serial stalker

D

Deleted member 18477

The Martinez move will now kick off a merry go round.

martinez to everton, hughes to stoke, poyet to wigan... jose mourinho to brighton?

pellegrini to man city, rafa to napoli, anchelloti to real madrid, pulis to PSG? :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
martinez to everton, hughes to stoke, poyet to wigan... jose mourinho to brighton?

pellegrini to man city, rafa to napoli, anchelloti to real madrid, pulis to PSG? :lolol:

I believe Southwick FC & Shoreham FC are looking for new managers as well it's gone be one hell of a crrrrraaaaazzzzzyyyyyyy
Summer

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would suspect it's more a case of him not being top of people's list so negotiations aren't so public (just background would he be intersted, what would he want, what would we offer sort of talks).

Everton seemed to primarily be interested in Martinez. Stoke seem to not be sure of what they want and appear to be leaning towards mark hughes, man city, chelsea and utd were all sorted. Wigen were hoping martinez would stay, Pardew is still at newcastle (for now), pochettino still at southampton for now.

What other vacancies would be available?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would very surprised indeed if no clubs are talking to Gus or his agent.

As the poster above has just said, how do you know who is talking to Gus unless you are one of the following people:

1) Gus Poyet
2) Gus Poyet's agent
3) Mrs Gus Poyet (maybe)
4) Diego Poyet (maybe)
5) Tanno (more likely)
6) Charlie Oatway (less likely)
7) A serial stalker

... or the person talking to him ???

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Poyet to Palace - PL club with a few quid to spend?

Holloway claims he's not looking forward to next season.

Unthinkable?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Gus won't be offered a job in the Premier League that he so badly cherishes before the season starts. But by October the Premier League sides that are struggling will be under pressure to replace their managers. This is when Gus suddenly appears attractive as a chairman looks for a Latino manager to placate the clubs supporters just like Di Canio has at Sunderland.
Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace, Hull, West Ham, Stoke, Cardiff.....someone will take him.
In the meantime (once his contract dispute is settled) we'll be seeing plenty of him as a pundit in the TV studios.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Gus won't be offered a job in the Premier League that he so badly cherishes before the season starts. But by October the Premier League sides that are struggling will be under pressure to replace their managers. This is when Gus suddenly appears attractive as a chairman looks for a Latino manager to placate the clubs supporters just like Di Canio has at Sunderland.
Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace, Hull, West Ham, Stoke, Cardiff.....someone will take him.
In the meantime (once his contract dispute is settled) we'll be seeing plenty of him as a pundit in the TV studios.

Is that a joke?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Gus has done a great job getting us were we are !!

But last few months has totally disrespected Brighton and has not been focused on his club!!

Do u think Premier League club owners, will be jumping for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here