Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PLEASE can we stop using this annoying and very childish phrase " Plastics "

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Whether it is us to CPFC or vice versa to us.

If CPFC get 26000 fans that is 10000 more who have paid their hard earned cash to support a team and watch football. The fact we get 30000 now which is 23000 more than Withdean , these people likewise are not " Plastics " they do not get in for free, they pay the thick end of £ 600 a season plus hundreds on merchandise and catering , so well over £ 1000 per person a season. How is this " Plastic ? Likewise with CPFC.

You do not need to have " I was at Gillingham tattoed on your Genitals to gain entry to the Amex and CPFC fans do not need " I have lived in Croydon since 1970 to enter Selhurst Park either.

Please STOP NOW. Thanks.

Regards US.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Elastic plastic

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Agree with you but it'll never stop, some fans have the urge to prove that the club means more to them than others ingrained in their psyche.

As to why, your guess is as good as mine.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Whether it is us to CPFC or vice versa to us.

If CPFC get 26000 fans that is 10000 more who have paid their hard earned cash to support a team and watch football. The fact we get 30000 now which is 23000 more than Withdean , these people likewise are not " Plastics " they do not get in for free, they pay the thick end of £ 600 a season plus hundreds on merchandise and catering , so well over £ 1000 per person a season. How is this " Plastic ? Likewise with CPFC.

You do not need to have " I was at Gillingham tattoed on your Genitals to gain entry to the Amex and CPFC fans do not need " I have lived in Croydon since 1970 to enter Selhurst Park either.

Please STOP NOW. Thanks.

Regards US.

I agree. And while we're at it, could we also drop 'tinpot' and 'cringeworthy' as well?

And apart from anything else, a 'plastic' is someone who watches Man Utd from their armchair, who's never even been to Manchester, rather than someone who pays to go and watch Palace / Brighton more often because they have started doing well.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
20,000 palace synthetics at Wembley yesterday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No.

That's not plastic. Plastic just picking a team near the top, and supporting them from your armchair, despite having no real connection with them.

I agree.
And apart from anything else, a 'plastic' is someone who watches Man Utd from their armchair, who's never even been to Manchester
You've just agreed with US, that we shouldn't use the phrase 'Plastics' anymore, but then you've gone on to use it and explain what it means (although I agree with your definition). We should use it, we should just use it correctly.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No.

That's not plastic. Plastic just picking a team near the top, and supporting them from your armchair, despite having no real connection with them.

So you agree then ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace have been joking about thousands of "Plastics" at The Amex who primarily support a "big 4 club" because it suited their agenda even though it wasn't true , now they will say all the new fans at Smellhurst have always been lurking in the background.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Palace have been joking about thousands of "Plastics" at The Amex who primarily support a "big 4 club" because it suited their agenda even though it wasn't true , now they will say all the new fans at Smellhurst have always been lurking in the background.

Who cares ? I find the whole Plastics thing absurd beyond belief.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where has this pathetic term come from ? I am sure it has only been around for a couple of years.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No. We should use the term correctly. If Palace get larger crowds next season, they're more fair weather fans than plastics.

The same as every other club in the Country then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here