Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be a nightmare for the Prem - it takes them 9 years to finally get rid of Wigan and they are replaced by PALACE ! (Wigan lite).
    Great isn't it? We'll have fun with our tiny crowds and team spirit.

How was your day yesterday, suitably [email protected] hopefully. We had a ball and my hangover is now subsiding. Enjoy Bournemouth, Nobby.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm in the Baker camp. Not everything he does is great but most of it is very entertaining.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
      We'll have fun with our tiny crowds and team spirit.
      '....Said the Palace fans that not two weeks ago were calling Holloway a useless bumpkin and that he had failed them miserably...' Won't be much team spirit about if Holloway remains true to the form and esteem YOU hold him in.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I 'represented' The Albion in the sausage sandwich game a few weeks ago. Bit of an omnishambles. Lost 3-0. Someone phoned up later to complain that my questions were impossible (which they were). I didn't do myself any favours for going for the 'no sauce at all option', though, but as I'd already lost 0-2 I figured, wtf.

I was at the Vortex in 1977 the night it was announced that Elvis (Presley) had just died. The Averts were playing. This bloke with David Cassidy hair and a nasty plastic bomber jacket came on stage to berate the punks for laughing at the news. Needless to say he was jeered quite a bit, but I admired his bottle, if not his sentiments. Found out years later that said Elvis apologists was none other than the Danny Baker of this thread.

Yes, he's a poor interviewer, always interrupting and clearly not properly listening, but his cheery positivity, and the 'living every moment' attitude (best stance after surviving cancer I would imagine) is just what you want on Saturday morning, before toddling off to the Amex . . .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It was his sidekicks that used put me off. That gay American and the Mayor of Bromley.
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
      Great isn't it? We'll have fun with our tiny crowds and team spirit.

How was your day yesterday, suitably [email protected] hopefully. We had a ball and my hangover is now subsiding. Enjoy Bournemouth, Nobby.
      Have to admit I was very disappointed yesterday especially in admitting you were the better of two teams who put on a spectacle to rival the conference play off final in quality.
      On the bright side, here in Malta, I will be able to watch most of your games on TV next season and hopefully see you get hammered week in week out

The wit and wisdom of Danny Baker

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      He doesn't know me .
      He knows your type. The kind that miraculously re-discover their NSC login details after beating Brighton and winning at Wembley.
      My music blog: de-minimis music

0 Not allowed!
      I always thought he was pretty dull, but for some reason started following him on twitter and he's really good value on that
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

0 Not allowed!
      I've always had time for him, very intelligent and naturally witty chap. Willing to rip the shit out of himself too.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seagull73 View Post
      '....Said the Palace fans that not two weeks ago were calling Holloway a useless bumpkin and that he had failed them miserably...' Won't be much team spirit about if Holloway remains true to the form and esteem YOU hold him in.
      Football fans can be fickle .