Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The wit and wisdom of Danny Baker

Dandyman

In London village.
From the great man's Twitter feed yesterday:

This is just an appalling spectacle. It's like two teams from the Apprentice have been told to stage a play off final

Not sure but I think I just saw Elton's kid requesting to be taken back to the orphanage

They're among my least favourite teams but I hope Palace win this. Because next year I'll read about them geting caned WEEK IN< WEEK OUT

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
From the great man's Twitter feed yesterday:

This is just an appalling spectacle. It's like two teams from the Apprentice have been told to stage a play off final

Not sure but I think I just saw Elton's kid requesting to be taken back to the orphanage

They're among my least favourite teams but I hope Palace win this. Because next year I'll read about them geting caned WEEK IN< WEEK OUT
He is a funny guy is Danny .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
When I hear him trying to be funny on the radio I have to change stations or turn the radio off. He does for me what Ricky Gervais does for many others. The bloke loves himself.

Must be a nightmare for the Prem - it takes them 9 years to finally get rid of Wigan and they are replaced by PALACE ! (Wigan lite).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
When I hear him trying to be funny on the radio I have to change stations or turn the radio off. He does for me what Ricky Gervais does for many others. The bloke loves himself.

Apart from his occasional celeb name dropping from time to time, I actually like him, I see him as a man/supporter of the people, supporting for life his less than fashionable club, not hopping off to more trendy London clubs as many a celeb have over the years.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Must be a nightmare for the Prem - it takes them 9 years to finally get rid of Wigan and they are replaced by PALACE ! (Wigan lite).

Good mourning phallus .

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

Great isn't it? We'll have fun with our tiny crowds and team spirit.

How was your day yesterday, suitably sh@t hopefully. We had a ball and my hangover is now subsiding. Enjoy Bournemouth, Nobby.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We'll have fun with our tiny crowds and team spirit.

'....Said the Palace fans that not two weeks ago were calling Holloway a useless bumpkin and that he had failed them miserably...' Won't be much team spirit about if Holloway remains true to the form and esteem YOU hold him in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I 'represented' The Albion in the sausage sandwich game a few weeks ago. Bit of an omnishambles. Lost 3-0. Someone phoned up later to complain that my questions were impossible (which they were). I didn't do myself any favours for going for the 'no sauce at all option', though, but as I'd already lost 0-2 I figured, wtf.

I was at the Vortex in 1977 the night it was announced that Elvis (Presley) had just died. The Averts were playing. This bloke with David Cassidy hair and a nasty plastic bomber jacket came on stage to berate the punks for laughing at the news. Needless to say he was jeered quite a bit, but I admired his bottle, if not his sentiments. Found out years later that said Elvis apologists was none other than the Danny Baker of this thread.

Yes, he's a poor interviewer, always interrupting and clearly not properly listening, but his cheery positivity, and the 'living every moment' attitude (best stance after surviving cancer I would imagine) is just what you want on Saturday morning, before toddling off to the Amex . . .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was his sidekicks that used put me off. That gay American and the Mayor of Bromley.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Great isn't it? We'll have fun with our tiny crowds and team spirit.

How was your day yesterday, suitably sh@t hopefully. We had a ball and my hangover is now subsiding. Enjoy Bournemouth, Nobby.

Have to admit I was very disappointed yesterday especially in admitting you were the better of two teams who put on a spectacle to rival the conference play off final in quality.
On the bright side, here in Malta, I will be able to watch most of your games on TV next season and hopefully see you get hammered week in week out:)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I always thought he was pretty dull, but for some reason started following him on twitter and he's really good value on that

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
'....Said the Palace fans that not two weeks ago were calling Holloway a useless bumpkin and that he had failed them miserably...' Won't be much team spirit about if Holloway remains true to the form and esteem YOU hold him in.

Football fans can be fickle .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here