Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£50 charge if you want to cancel your season ticket

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I phoned up to cancel my season ticket last week because 1. some circumstances beyond my control and 2. I was on the movers list but no one ever got back to me to say I could move, meaning I lost my chance to sit where I wanted to. I was able to cancel and was told the money would go back into my bank account within a couple of days.

The money never went back onto my account and so I called up today to find out what was going on. I was told that there was a £50 cancellation fee (which I was never made aware of previously), and that the remainder of what I have paid would go onto my e-cash account (which I do not use). I asked for the ticket not to be cancelled whilst I try and sort this with customer services, but was told that this could not be done as the cancellation had already taken place.

Just something to be aware of if you are thinking of cancelling your season ticket for any reason.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit, I was surprised nothing was in place, to stop people cancelling willy nilly, especially as DD is such a good deal.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
8. Smartcard Season Tickets are non-refundable and any refund shall be entirely at the discretion of the Club and will be considered only in exceptional circumstances. Refund values will be calculated on a pro-rata basis based on the number of Matches remaining in the Season and may be subject to a cancellation fee to cover the administration costs incurred by the Club in processing such a refund. The current cancellation fee is £50. . Any refunded monies due will be paid as Club e-cash.

For Direct Debit Ticket Holders wishing to cancel Season Ticket Smartcards after the deadline of 27 March 2013 but before 27 July 2013 the following fees apply:

£10 cancellation fee for cancellation between 28 March 2013 and 27 April 2013, with any refund balance paid to club e-cash.

£50 cancellation fee for cancellation between 28 April 2013 and 27 July 2013, with any refund balance paid to club e-cash.

From 28 July onwards Direct Debit Ticket Holders are committed to pay the full value of the season ticket through monthly direct debits and refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if you have cancelled your ST, the balance is in your ecash account...how do you get at it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There is no way it costs the club £50 in administration costs to cancel a season ticket. Complete rip off !!!!

EDIT - given the club state the charge is to cover costs how do they justify that before one date it only costs them £10 and then it suddenly costs them £50 ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
8. Smartcard Season Tickets are non-refundable and any refund shall be entirely at the discretion of the Club and will be considered only in exceptional circumstances. Refund values will be calculated on a pro-rata basis based on the number of Matches remaining in the Season and may be subject to a cancellation fee to cover the administration costs incurred by the Club in processing such a refund. The current cancellation fee is £50. . Any refunded monies due will be paid as Club e-cash.

For Direct Debit Ticket Holders wishing to cancel Season Ticket Smartcards after the deadline of 27 March 2013 but before 27 July 2013 the following fees apply:

£10 cancellation fee for cancellation between 28 March 2013 and 27 April 2013, with any refund balance paid to club e-cash.

£50 cancellation fee for cancellation between 28 April 2013 and 27 July 2013, with any refund balance paid to club e-cash.

From 28 July onwards Direct Debit Ticket Holders are committed to pay the full value of the season ticket through monthly direct debits and refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
So basically the only way to get a full refund is by dying after the deadline and the refund is made to your estate ???

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes it is in the terms and conditions, no question about that. I never read them but it is there. However, I phoned up to find out if it was possible to cancel my season ticket due to the aforementioned reasons and I was told that was fine and the money would go back into my bank account. I call up again today to find out what is going on and am told something completely different.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seems quite expensive but then I suppose if you had paid upfront in one whack like most clubs ask you would have been left with an entire season ticket cost.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shock horror, someone never read the terms and conditions

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
if you have cancelled your ST, the balance is in your ecash account...how do you get at it?

The smartcard remains active to use the remaining e-cash and add entitlements (individual match tickets can be loaded onto the card)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The smartcard remains active to use the remaining e-cash and add entitlements (individual match tickets can be loaded onto the card)

So if you cant for some reason get to the albion again, say you have moved away or something, then techincally speaking that is dead money?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can't really blame the club for trying to protect themselves from people getting a ST then cancelling it. Essentially they've covered the cost for us and we pay them back each month

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But he wants the cash.

The terms and conditions say the refund is e-cash unless there are exceptional circumstances. The only way I can think of turning e-cash into cash is by selling whatever credit is on the card at a sizeable discount.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What if someone DIES. What happens to their e-cash?

With so many season ticket holders this must happen at least a couple of times a season. Presumably the club would give it to their next of kin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here