Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean Parking "Again"

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Not worked it out myself yet - my fellow car-sharers haven't renewed their ST's for next season so I'll be travelling alone. Tried the Racecourse P&R but not ideal as I had to leave home at 11:30am for 3pm KO and added about an hour on the homeward journey. The Train is the most obvious but either have to change twice (Barnham and Brighton) or find somewhere to park and join the rail route at the edge of the travel scheme eg Shoreham. Other options would include a 1/4 share in Uni parking space with family who travel down from Cuckfield/Lindfield but would need to rendez vous en route and park my car somewhere or get a bus/coach service from Bognor. Can't get my head round it but would welcome hearing any other options ;)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not worked it out myself yet - my fellow car-sharers haven't renewed their ST's for next season so I'll be travelling alone. Tried the Racecourse P&R but not ideal as I had to leave home at 11:30am for 3pm KO and added about an hour on the homeward journey. The Train is the most obvious but either have to change twice (Barnham and Brighton) or find somewhere to park and join the rail route at the edge of the travel scheme eg Shoreham. Other options would include a 1/4 share in Uni parking space with family who travel down from Cuckfield/Lindfield but would need to rendez vous en route and park my car somewhere or get a bus/coach service from Bognor. Can't get my head round it but would welcome hearing any other options ;)

Tonnes of free parking in Hangleton and then you could get the H or S bus - both work very.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Door knocking in Coldean to find someone who would like to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement over a visitors pass or whatever they are called

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Tonnes of free parking in Hangleton and then you could get the H or S bus - both work very.

Where do these buses pick up in Hangleton?....are they coveted by the travel subsidy?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Mithras House P&R ?

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
We looked at a few alternatives last season, particularly for evening games, to parking in Coldean, so that we'd know what worked best come the new season. Mithras House P&R is pretty good when it comes to getting to the ground (and is only a couple of minutes more driving than Coldean) but the road works along Lewes road made the journey back a pain but hopefully once that is sorted out things will be a bit easier.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All that is going to happen is instead of parking in Coldean/Moulsecoomb drivers will park further out in Portslade/Hangleton and catch the bus (provided it is not already full up with people doing the same)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Where do these buses pick up in Hangleton?....are they coveted by the travel subsidy?

Best place to get them is the Grenadier and yes, your ticket covers the travel from there.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Best place to get them is the Grenadier and yes, your ticket covers the travel from there.

Is there a booking process, or just first come first served? What are the timings like on the way back?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Is there a booking process, or just first come first served? What are the timings like on the way back?

No booking required. Just stand in line outside Tescos. I tend to leave as soon as the whistle has gone and with a steady pace I get on either the first H or first S bus out. If you miss them then there's about a 20-30 minute wait for the next set.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What news on the additional P&R apparently planned for somewhere on the A23? The only location I can think of that they might be considering is the disused chalk pit just north of Pyecombe.

If Coldean is a no-go, then there will be added chaos on the trains and existing P&R.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If Coldean is a no-go, then there will be added chaos on the trains and existing P&R.
....a point that is clearly being missed by the club when they decided to roll over to the nimbys in Coldean and 'scoomb without the platform and p&r expansion promised last year.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
....a point that is clearly being missed by the club when they decided to roll over to the nimbys in Coldean and 'scoomb without the platform and p&r expansion promised last year.

I thought it was more a case that the council demanded it as a condition of allowing the stadium expansion ? Not sure there's a huge amount the club could have done other then not expand.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What news on the additional P&R apparently planned for somewhere on the A23? The only location I can think of that they might be considering is the disused chalk pit just north of Pyecombe.

The club has said that the P&R at Hickstead is not feasible (which, leaping ahead, would also mean any P&R at Lancing is also not feasible). Racecourse P&R and University parking sites are both under-used at present.

The club is of the opinion that it doesn't need another P&R site.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The club has said that the P&R at Hickstead is not feasible (which, leaping ahead, would also mean any P&R at Lancing is also not feasible). Racecourse P&R and University parking sites are both under-used at present.

The club is of the opinion that it doesn't need another P&R site.

There is a Seagull Travel pickup on the A27 by Lancing Sports Centre if anyone is coming from that general area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here